Rick Pitino - Head Coach at St John’s University!!!

While Iona picked up a very good coach to replace Pitino,
their news bulletin wasn't exactly warm and fuzzy.
They wouldn't even say that he took the job at St. John's and described him taking a position at "another university "

It's hard to find a legit big man. Joel is a legit center. That's why RP wants to keep him here. He's going to be a great foundation for our team. RP is a coaching genius and knows what he's doing. I can see him building a really good team around Joel. Joel has the ability and CRP is going to get him to the NBA after he's done playing in March Madness next year. He knows this and that's why he's staying.

While Iona picked up a very good coach to replace Pitino,
their news bulletin wasn't exactly warm and fuzzy.
They wouldn't even say that he took the job at St. John's and described him taking a position at "another university "
And if Georgetown or Providence had signed Pitino we would be referring to him as "the other coach consideration" LOL!

Don't know if this guy is an SJU or Pitino hater, but I think he'll prove to be wrong IF RP does not want to move again, and wants to end his storied career with a legendary capstone: reviving St. John's hoops glory at his revered MSG and winning a National Championship in NYC.
They said the same thing about Saban when he went to Alabama and he’ll be starting year 17 at Bama this fall. One year older than Pitino yet almost every University in the country would love to be going into next season with Pitino as their basketball coach and Saban as their football coach. Both guys are such high energy guys they can outwork coaches 30 and 40 years younger.

Has there been anything official from the school on Storr, like Soriano?
I think Storr needs to see who Pitino is offering rides to that may impact his position and minutes.
Unfortunately, his one weakness is what Pitino wants in his players...Defense. I think Storr has the mindset to improve his defense radically under Pitino but would it be in a starters role?

I think Storr needs to see who Pitino is offering rides to that may impact his position and minutes.
Unfortunately, his one weakness is what Pitino wants in his players...Defense. I think Storr has the mindset to improve his defense radically under Pitino but would it be in a starters role?
When you start with Soriano at the 5 who can take care of the glass as well as anyone, you can get creative with your lineup. There has been smaller, less athletic players, who have played the 4 well. Storr could get minutes or start at either forward spot. If he returns and he’s not starting, that’s a great sign for our roster.

As Storr played more his percentages went down. Kid is a good but not elite shooter.
AJ is a pure freshman. I think his shooting will only get better because he has excellent form. Played in a starting role here under pressure to score as a frosh. I really like this kid's attitude and think he would become a terrific shooter in a year or so if surrounded by more offensively gifted talent to ease the pressure on him.

Back