Rick Pitino - Head Coach at St John’s University!!!

Don’t kid yourself, CRP would be gone in a hot minute if he had any better alternatives. UK was not interested in him returning to coach so him going down to enjoy some nostalgia is fine.

The combination of his age and baggage makes higher paying/more prestigious options hard for him to come by. Hopefully, that works to our advantage. We will see if we start making the ncaa tournament. Getting the combination of Mike Repole and Kadary Richmond on board was a big step in the right direction.
We're 2 deep at every position. BIG EAST depth. This is the year.

Rick is in the twilight of his career and obviously has great memories connected to the Kentucky program. In addition, I think he genuinely wants to see Pope well-positioned to succeed. He knows, without a solid start, that program can swallow a coach quick. For those reason, I have no problem with Rick returning to Kentucky.

That said....I think wearing the Kentucky pullover and addressing their team was the wrong choice. Save that for retirement.

At the end of the day.....that's Rick and you take the good with the questionable. Upward and onward.

Nice Shirt.
Pitino going back to UK is classy . Rick has always built loyalty at the Schools he’s Coached and fans know that goes both ways.

Providence , UK,Louisville , Iona and now St John’s .
He took every School he Coached to a higher level and won Championships at UK and L’ville.
We are all hoping he could do the same here , despite the times being different . He’s already injected a immense bolt to the program locally and nationally .
Wearing UK gear to a UK event is ok in my book . He’s showing he valued his time there and
it appears the fans there appreciated his legacy there in a most endearing way .

Wow, I thought that was parody at first but the guy's account isn't one. He still could be wrong of course unless other more credible sources back this up.

If true then the thought of firing Pitino over this is completely laughable and would be an idiotic move. No way it actually happens.

. Doubt this is real but if the case the rat 🐀 Hurley behind this.

How many of you guys bought this? Be honest. I know you have a mute feature here. I've been the recipient and have never posted anything this obnoxious. Who's the stupid one here and why has this not already been removed?

Rick is in the twilight of his career and obviously has great memories connected to the Kentucky program. In addition, I think he genuinely wants to see Pope well-positioned to succeed. He knows, without a solid start, that program can swallow a coach quick. For those reason, I have no problem with Rick returning to Kentucky.

That said....I think wearing the Kentucky pullover and addressing their team was the wrong choice. Save that for retirement.

At the end of the day.....that's Rick and you take the good with the questionable. Upward and onward.
Let's face it, man's an outstanding couch who has never been very bright.

Rob Reinhart, writer for the very prestigious New York Herald that disbanded before anyone on this board was born.

Yeah I noticed that, but he does post to a website using that name (maybe they got the trademark?) and the articles aren't written like The Onion or anything. It doesn't look like a credible site, but it's also not parody. Maybe just farming clicks? First time I've heard of him.

Edit: yeah it's a totally fake profile. He claims to have worked for SI and Bleacher Report prior but never did. Account created in 2024 and probably an AI profile pic. Did a reverse image search and the guy doesn't exist outside of that picture.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed that, but he does post to a website using that name (maybe they got the trademark?) and the articles aren't written like The Onion or anything. It doesn't look like a credible site, but it's also not parody. Maybe just farming clicks? First time I've heard of him.

Edit: yeah it's a totally fake profile. He claims to have worked for SI and Bleacher Report prior but never did. Account created in 2024 and probably an AI profile pic. Did a reverse image search and the guy doesn't exist outside of that picture.
Well at least ditch this one tweet from this thread. That's the very least this schlep deserves.

You guys have stick it out since Paul created this. He'd have tossed this guy on a heartbeat.

Back