Rick Pitino - Head Coach at St John’s University!!!

Too many of our fans react like a kid that has been smacked every time he did not look straight ahead. Don't flinch.

I was very annoyed when Chris Mullin wouldn't wear any SJU gear when he would be on national TV in front of a massive audience doing things like handing the Warriors the Larry O'Brien trophy while head coach here. No other coach would have missed that golden opportunity to promote the program they are currently in charge of.

That said, when it comes to coaching Rick Pitino is not Chris Mullin. Even if Pitino was spending half his time acting as a volunteer assistant for Kentucky he'd still be the best coach we've had here pretty much in my entire lifetime. He can do whatever wants.

Right, keep in mind the Big East tried a mixed super conference before. And every football program that had the chance left for greener pastures as soon as they could.
Yeah absolutely. I’m not exactly sure how or why we would be a more desirable option for Pitt/Louisville/Duke than the B12, or for Wake/BC than the PAC. It’d require a huge vision that I just don’t see being a thing. But who knows

Pitino at Kentucky in UK gear is a complete nonissue. That was a big chapter of his life and we would be foolish to ask him to forget that.

He’s also supporting his former player who now has his old gig. Let him revel in his past accomplishments there and soak in a great weekend. Remembering that glory will be a storyline when we start winning in March.

Agreed. Couldn’t care less

I haven't been on here or Twitter the past couple days and actually found out about Pitino visiting UK through an ESPN headline just now. Thought it was an awesome story.

Then checked Twitter and was very surprised to see there's some controversy. Look, if Cal was still there and on the hot seat then I could understand the concern about Pitino potentially leaving for UK. Pope hasn't coached a day yet and will be there a MINIMUM of 3 years, and Pitino may retire by the time he's gone anyways. Pitino is just supporting his former player and celebrating an incredible milestone.

He's also helped us get a home and home with them, very difficult to do with a blue blood especially now with conferences playing fewer OOC games. In short, I view this as 100% fine and I'm glad he continues to get us publicity. We badly need it, complete night and day difference compared to before his hire. Don't forget how much it sucked to be totally irrelevant as a program.

Just have to accept Pitino for who he is. We know he's not going anywhere. And at the event last night he was surrounded by his former players including one who he is a mentor to who is the head coach of Kentucky. Was more of a celebration of all of their time there.

I saw this made the headlines on ESPN. Which to me is actually great because Pitino is constantly making headlines, and every time he does, there is mention of St. John's along with it. So the constant flow of publicity for the program is a good thing.

I was very annoyed when Chris Mullin wouldn't wear any SJU gear when he would be on national TV in front of a massive audience doing things like handing the Warriors the Larry O'Brien trophy while head coach here. No other coach would have missed that golden opportunity to promote the program they are currently in charge of.

That said, when it comes to coaching Rick Pitino is not Chris Mullin. Even if Pitino was spending half his time acting as a volunteer assistant for Kentucky he'd still be the best coach we've had here pretty much in my entire lifetime. He can do whatever wants.
Pitino is also a non-stop promotional machine otherwise for our program. Between Twitter, the Post, ESPN and other college hoops outlets.

Back