Rick Pitino - Head Coach at St John’s University!!!

I don't think there's anymore non-football schools that would make a basketball league feel like a super league. Dayton, St. Louis, VCU, Wichita State, Davidson is...not it

It'd require a massive Big East transformational shift into something far more ambitious than is currently there. To be by far the best basketball conference, we would, yes, have to offer football and poach from the Big 12/ACC.

Football teams: Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Louisville, Wake Forest, Duke, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Syracuse, UConn, Arizona
Non-football: Providence, St. John's, Seton Hall, Villanova, Georgetown, Butler, Xavier, DePaul, Creighton, Marquette

... never happening

Last edited:
From a selfish standpoint, the only way SJU is part of a super league is to follow in Gonzaga’s footsteps. Not saying the new PAC12 is super, but a precedent has been set. Who knows, maybe one day.

Honestly if anyone has a problem with RIck going to Lexington and wearing UK gear, go touch some grass.

Seriously. It is a blue blood where he spent 8 years rebuilding it into a National power. Spilled his sweat and blood doing it.

And now he sees one of his own become the coach. A great honor for him.

I get him appearing at Kentucky given his great success there.

Although, seeing the current head coach at St. John’s wearing a Kentucky sweatshirt made me a little uneasy.

Back