Rick Pitino - Head Coach at St John’s University!!!

The only 2025 prospect to whom I know St. John’s has reached out is four-star guard
Kayden Mingo
, but it’s been a while since I heard any buzz about him and the Johnnies. Head coach Rick Pitino was a bit scarce on the grassroots circuit this season and was conspicuous in his absence from Peach Jam. People I’ve spoken with in New York this week have hypothesized that the Red Storm will go heavy on either international prospects or the transfer portal this cycle before making stronger high school moves with the class of 2026.

SJU head coaches & skipping recruiting season: a tale old as time

Stealing under 1k is a Class A misdemeanor (Petit Larceny). That can lead to imprisonment up to a year, probation, community service, permanent record, and a fine up to 1k. I'm not a lawyer but I'm guessing a trespassing charge would also be involved here. Unlike what others like to say, NYC is not a lawless place... These people will be punished.

If this is redundant my apologies. But didn't see anything re: RP's office heist.
So two morons go into his office and take a ceremonial sword and a bull horn?
Sounds like an intro to a joke.
Something like .....they then announced throughout campus.

If this is redundant my apologies. But didn't see anything re: RP's office heist.
So two morons go into his office and take a ceremonial sword and a bull horn?
Sounds like an intro to a joke.
Something like .....they then announced throughout campus.
News and comments on this are in the “Rick Pitino -Head Coach …Thread”.

That I don’t know . All I know is that they have an idea who did it already. Maybe they were fast because pitino is high profile figure and the camera footage was so clear they were able identify the perpetrators.
Although photos don’t always lead to quick arrests especially if the person is not in the system, but they do have clear photos of the suspects’ faces. And if they are St. John’s students, they photos are in a system.

Unlike those coaches, I do trust Pitino and his judgment. If he's really going to skip out on this HS class, retention will just be even more important.

With regard to retention, I saw a recent interview with Pitino where he said he has not lost any player at St.John's to transfer that he wanted to retain.

Although photos don’t always lead to quick arrests especially if the person is not in the system, but they do have clear photos of the suspects’ faces. And if they are St. John’s students, they photos are in a system.
They were not students

Stealing under 1k is a Class A misdemeanor (Petit Larceny). That can lead to imprisonment up to a year, probation, community service, permanent record, and a fine up to 1k. I'm not a lawyer but I'm guessing a trespassing charge would also be involved here. Unlike what others like to say, NYC is not a lawless place... These people will be punished.
Breaking and entering, trespassing, theft of any value is a crime in NYC.
However, close to ZERO PERCENT are jailed after appearing before a NYC judge.
With actual apprehension and repeat offenders, there are tens of thousands of petite larcenies in NYC. Tens of thousands more are either not reported or there is no intervention. Manhattan is a cesspool of petty crime. The Bronx is just as bad.
Don't be fooled by all the shiny buildings! The streets are full of petty criminals.
The losses to NYC businesses is in the millions of dollars.

Only in Queens! Good thing this was not in Manhattan. Bragg's people would have them back in the street as soon as they had been booked.

Agree and the transfer portal is a key difference from prior staffs, but not thrilled about lack of activity
Do coaches even have the appetite to develop freshman in the modern landscape? With how freely kids can transfer, it seems like it's all about the transfer portal and retaining who you already have at this point.

Especially since they were on mopeds! 😜
What does that have to do with anything? They could live off campus and us a Moped to get back and forth.

Redmen89 says they weren’t students and I will go with his intel.

Two questions (many more actually but limited it here to two):.

1. Why in Heaven's name have a $3,000 bottle of Pomerol in that office unless, it is going to be his celebratory drink after our naty or there is no Pomerol actually stolen (wink wink, nod, nod), and it's an insurance scam?

2. A sword, what's that all about????? At least get modern and make it a light saber
IMG_1581.jpeg

Back