Pre Season Predictions 2023

This season will be a process and my confidence is sky high that we are headed in the right direction.

I was impressed with the speed of the roster rebuild, but was always aware we didn't sign a major conf coveted stud. I think Ledlum and Dingle will be major contributors and our depth a positive factor. Wilcher will get better and better. Luis is coming. Soriano post play improvement has been radical.

In short, lots of upside as far as I see. We may have to come on like gangbusters to have a post season shot, but the un-analytical feeling I've always had is this would be a bubble team. If not, will still be a great ride, and I know our coach still has the fire to demand that his guys win but at the same time has the patience of a great teacher.

Dayton has a great fan base - admirable. Our core, much smaller, has the nucleus to grow into a similar base. Been fun to meet so many of you in Charleston. Go Johnnies!

This season will be a process and my confidence is sky high that we are headed in the right direction.

I was impressed with the speed of the roster rebuild, but was always aware we didn't sign a major conf coveted stud. I think Ledlum and Dingle will be major contributors and our depth a positive factor. Wilcher will get better and better. Luis is coming. Soriano post play improvement has been radical.

In short, lots of upside as far as I see. We may have to come on like gangbusters to have a post season shot, but the un-analytical feeling I've always had is this would be a bubble team. If not, will still be a great ride, and I know our coach still has the fire to demand that his guys win but at the same time has the patience of a great teacher.

Dayton has a great fan base - admirable. Our core, much smaller, has the nucleus to grow into a similar base. Been fun to meet so many of you in Charleston. Go Johnnies!
We have put together real solid stretches on play- but not a full game yet. Is there any doubt that Rick won't get these guys there?

Maybe the majority of our expectations of player ability haven't been met out of the gate... but I have no doubt that Rick will get the most he can out of everyone on the roster.

Think we see much more cohesive unit by the Xavier game.

I have confidence that this team will be better come January. The process is painful, however.
I've seen positives from most of the team. Wilcher looking more comfortable, Zuby looked much better vs. Dayton. Taylor and Joel have had moments. Even Dingle had a couple of minutes yesterday that looked promising. Will wait for all pieces to gel and hoping by Feb they are clicking.

I've seen positives from most of the team. Wilcher looking more comfortable, Zuby looked much better vs. Dayton. Taylor and Joel have had moments. Even Dingle had a couple of minutes yesterday that looked promising. Will wait for all pieces to gel and hoping by Feb they are clicking.
Why does it always have to be February, was hoping by the X game, but could wait until January, February is alittle to long.

Heck the season could be horrible by then.

Why does it always have to be February, was hoping by the X game, but could wait until January, February is alittle to long.

Heck the season could be horrible by then.
I think we will see a very different team at the Xavier game.

They have looked better in various aspects each game- we have seen certain players look better for stretches.

Not sure if we get the Win against Utah- but we'll have Holy Cross / Sacred Heart in the friendly confines of CA to get "right" - and work in RJ. BC and Fordham at Barclays and MSG. These i have no doubt will be 4 wins.

6-3 (hopefully 7-2) entering the Xavier game at CA. We'll see a new team.

Back