Possible Coaching Candidates

As Eric, his very cool brother Mike and I were walking out of Tracks before the game, this totally drop dead gorgeous model type(think of a better looking Kate Upton) was coming in. She held the door open for us and said "you first". As we walked away, I said to Eric and Mike "us passing on Pitino knowing he's available and would likely jump at the opportunity to coach SJU, would be like me coming home and seeing this blond in my bed, naked and ready to have sex with me, and me passing on her".
Us taking Pitino would be like you sleeping with that lovely woman and ending up HIV+. All that Glitters Ain't Gold!!!

Us taking Pitino would be like you sleeping with that lovely woman and ending up HIV+. All that Glitters Ain't Gold!!!
I have no illusions about Pitino my friend. I know exactly who he is. We've talked about it numerous times. Just like I know exactly who Sean Miller, Tubby Smith and countless other coaches are. Excellent coaches with sordid pasts and lots of character flaws. Sometimes you gotta make a pact with the devil. IMO this is one of those times. As for that lovely woman, I would have worn lots of protection. lol

I agree with Monte. I am willing to make the pact with the devil.

SJU has gone above and beyond to adhere to its Vincentian mission to “strive to act in the image of Jesus, do God’s will, and devote themselves to the service of the poor and suffering”.

As fans, we can particularly understand the last part about “poor and suffering”.

I hope if the time comes and Fr. Shanley has interest in Pitino, he looks over his right shoulder and then over his left shoulder and then looks straight to heaven and asks God for one big mulligan.

SJU has gone above and beyond to adhere to its Vincentian mission to “strive to act in the image of Jesus, do God’s will, and devote themselves to the service of the poor and suffering”.

As fans, we can particularly understand the last part about “poor and suffering”.

I hope if the time comes and Fr. Shanley has interest in Pitino, he looks over his right shoulder and then over his left shoulder and then looks straight to heaven and asks God for one big mulligan.
If it was cheating just on the basketball court I think the University would be okay with that. It’s the other cheating I think they have an issue with.

I have no illusions about Pitino my friend. I know exactly who he is. We've talked about it numerous times. Just like I know exactly who Sean Miller, Tubby Smith and countless other coaches are. Excellent coaches with sordid pasts and lots of character flaws. Sometimes you gotta make a pact with the devil. IMO this is one of those times. As for that lovely woman, I would have worn lots of protection. lol
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Never though I'd say it, but the way things are, I'd be very happy to see Pitino here.

Posters on this site probably make up less than 1% of the University population. I don't think the President or Board are going to make a "pact with the devil" to pacify a few fan(atics).

The only question the fanbase needs to ask itself:

Are we going to blow another chance at landing Herb Sendek?

That man can coach!

Posters on this site probably do make up less than one per cent of alumni but lose this one per cent and you can cancel the men’s basketball program.
Not true because you never lose that 1%. I know because I have been following this tean since 1964 and the last 20 years have not been easy. University decisions will never be made based upon the rantings of a few basketball fans.

Back