Possible Coaching Candidates

Not true because you never lose that 1%. I know because I have been following this tean since 1964 and the last 20 years have not been easy. University decisions will never be made based upon the rantings of a few basketball fans.
True, atleast until they're so freaking sick of bs basketball for the last 20+ years, that they say "ok now's the time to take a stand as a whole, and they cancel their season tickets, that's what it might take to get through their thick heads realize that the fanbase is really fed up, and they better hire an elite coach.
I can't speak for anyone else but for me it's elite coach or i'm done. It doesn't have to be Pitino either, but someone that proved that they can win championships.

If it was cheating just on the basketball court I think the University would be okay with that. It’s the other cheating I think they have an issue with.

I don't condone either types of cheating and try my best to live a good life. But, I am also not a proponent of the "holier-than-thou" approach. I recall the NY Football Giants passing on Laremy Tunsil with the 10th pick in the 2016 draft. They chose Eli Apple instead. Tunsil was genuinely accepted to be the best player available at that spot, but a video of him smoking marijuana had surfaced.

Over the next five years, pot became legal in most states, the Giants offensive line was horrible, Tunsil was elected to the Pro Bowl three times, and Eli Apple was traded for a fourth round draft pick.

But at least the Giants did the right thing.....?

I don't condone either types of cheating and try my best to live a good life. But, I am also not a proponent of the "holier-than-thou" approach. I recall the NY Football Giants passing on Laremy Tunsil with the 10th pick in the 2016 draft. They chose Eli Apple instead. Tunsil was genuinely accepted to be the best player available at that spot, but a video of him smoking marijuana had surfaced.

Over the next five years, pot became legal in most states, the Giants offensive line was horrible, Tunsil was elected to the Pro Bowl three times, and Eli Apple was traded for a fourth round draft pick.

I hear ya, but for a Catholic University I do believe there is a difference between smoking pot and going against the 10 Commandments. I do believe there are a number of Priests on the Board of Trustees.

I could care less, but there isn’t a St. before my name.

The Pope just clarified the Catholic Church's position on homosexuality; it's a sin. Yet there's no way in hell that the school wouldn't hire someone(thankfully) because they're gay. So I guess the school is willing to overlook and/or forgive some "sinners", but not others.

I hear ya, but for a Catholic University I do believe there is a difference between smoking pot and going against the 10 Commandments. I do believe there are a number of Priests on the Board of Trustees.

And killing someone isn't against the 10 commandments? I know, I know, it was an accident. Because it served the school's best interest to buy that story.

And killing someone isn't against the 10 commandments? I know, I know, it was an accident. Because it served the school's best interest to buy that story.
Donation different that hiring someone?

But yes they should have rejected the donation.

There is really not much more you can say that hasn’t been said . I think Mike has pretty much mailed it in on this season . And , he won’t be back , if there is any Leadership at this University . Why have him Coach here next season ? For a duplication of what we have seen for 4 years ?

With the exception of the Norm era, this is the longest period of total irrelevance that this program has had under any coach, ever, in the history of our program. And I have no doubt that it he's here long enough, CMA will even surpass Norm .

What about the Catholic teaching of forgiveness. After all isn't that is what the sacrament of Penance is all about.

Boy, whoever is here next year is looking at totally retooling the roster. Whether CMA gets fired or not who from this team is going to be on the roster next year?

Soriano probably gone either transferring to a place that will give him real NIL money or pro somewhere
Curbelo and Jones probably won't be welcome by the next coach
Posh probably realizes he'd be better off with a change of scenery for his final season(s)
Storr already has one foot out the door and rightfully so
King, Stanley, Nyiwe are all better suited down a level or two
Maybe Wusu and Pinzon stay? But why would they?

If CMA gets fired and Van and Shoes are out the door too then what's keeping Gardner, Lendeborg, and Reed committed here?

Whoever the next coach is will have a pretty big immediate rebuild on their hands. I hope whoever it is considers keeping one or both of Van and Shoes on staff to bridge the gap and potentially make a run at keeping Storr, Gardner, Lendeborg, and Reed as somewhat of a foundation to build around.

I hope whoever it is considers keeping one or both of Van and Shoes on staff to bridge the gap and potentially make a run at keeping Storr, Gardner, Lendeborg, and Reed as somewhat of a foundation to build around.
I assume the big fish out there knows both of them, and he probably isn't calling on Tom Abatemarco to join him if he moves on to a bigger-name job.

Has he repented?
I could be wrong, but I'm going to assume that he did some repenting to Iona before they hired him. Them being a Catholic school and all. I'll also assume he'll do more repenting if Georgetown comes calling. Now, I don't need to hear a public apology from Pitino, like others have asked for. That's between him, his employer and the good lord.

Back