Possible Coaching Candidates

The only real reason is home, but I think after a certain point home ceases to be home, especially once elderly parents pass away. Or follow you to Gainesville 25 years ago.

That’s why I think that even if Jay Wright wanted to get back into coaching, he wouldn’t take the job cause his wife’s family is from the Philly area.

Here, you missed some really good candidates:

1) Chris Beard: highly successful coach, can clearly turn a program around, a defensive guru and recently became available (anger management classes first and we are good to go)
2) Norm Roberts: New York ties, Track record as a successful recruiter, Big East head coaching experience, years of big success as a top assistant, oh wait..................
3) Jeff Van Gundy: Great with x's and o's, success as a coach in the big apple, media savvy, great hair
4) Mike Krzyzewski: highly successful coach from a power conference, championship resume, amazing track record of success building a program, became available this year, has a really strong relationship with Mike Cragg.
5) Mike Jarvis: Proved that he could get a program like ours to the tournament, prior success as a head coach in the big east, strong personality, knows the local terrain (although is a bit dismissive of it), will not be deterred in his pursuit of success by following the rules.
6) Norman Dale: Tough, great with x's and o's, has a championship resume, kids love him and will really play for him, gets his teams into great physical condition and teaches them the value of sharing the ball.
7) Lou Carnesecca: Beloved and respected, proven big east winner, loves to recruit NYC, has his name on our home court already, knows where to get the best Italian food in Queens.
“Shooter” a riser when sober occasionally;

EEF61B43-6392-4B43-BA79-315AC856D8B7.gif

Well, whoever is retained as HC of SJU, tradition tells us they enjoy having a drinking companion, so I would offer for consideration the following:
Gene Keady
Chico Hines
Mitch Richmond

The only real reason is home, but I think after a certain point home ceases to be home, especially once elderly parents pass away. Or follow you to Gainesville 25 years ago.

If his parents are still in Gainesville then who is really the glutton for punishment. :ROFLMAO:

Screw you! PS let me know if you have an in for GTown tix in 114.
Oh damn. I literally just gave my Gtown ticket away this morning because we will be in Peru during that game. I’ll check with my 114 friends to see if they have an extra

Here are the three “potential” reasons.
1. He wants to be back in the Metro area.
2. He likes the challenge of turning around a nearly dead program.
3. He’s a glutton for punishment. 😂👍
1. He has no interest in returning to this area and would not come back here unless it is to coach one of the pro teams.

2. Been there and done that at Marshall at the age of 28. Why at the age of 58 after having won two National Championships and then spending the last eight years coaching in NBA would he want to rebuild something when he can probably have his pick of locations with better backing and financial resources?

3. I have no response to that one :D

I am less certain than most other fans on this site that there will be a coaching change at StJohn’s at the end of this season.

I am not saying that there should not be a change if current trends continue, but it will all depend upon what remaining part of CMA’s contract is guaranteed.

No one on this site knows for sure what CMA’s .

If Anderson's contract has another $7M plus guaranteed then that I do not see him being terminated for the simple reason that such a sum would likely be too heavy of a lift for St. John’s.

News reports said that a high buyout is why Pitt did not terminate it coach Jeff Capel after his 4th consecutive losing season last year. Fortunately for Pitt his 5th season has started much better.
Crazy as it seems Pitt also has 2 top 100 recruits under Capel and he should have been out the door

Back