Possible Coaching Candidates

Even if the StJohn’s administration opens negotiations with Coach Pitino (which I am not sure they will) the edge may go to Georgetown given his family’s connection to Georgetown University.

Last edited:
Even if the StJohn’s administration opens negotiations with Coach Pitino (which I am not sure they will) the edge may go to Georgetown given his family’s connection to Georgetown University.
How many connections are there? Because if there's only one, I'm not sure his son starting there in 2009 is enough to sway him one way or the other.

You've mentioned this several times. What is his family's connection to Georgetown?

Thank you. Not sure if that is a strong enough connection for Rick to go to Georgetown as coach. But I get it’s more of a connection than he has with us!
Perhaps if he’s thinking far enough ahead to pass it down to him after he’s done. Gtown should be all over Pat Kelsey IMO. They won’t be the only ones tho.

Either Pitino or Cal would be a slam dunk, no-brainer, home run hire. Which means there is probably no chance of either...
Coaches that have a nonzero chance of being our Head Coach next season:
Rick Pitino
About two dozen other guys

Coaches that have a zero chance of being our Head Coach next season:
John Calipari
Jay Wright

Coaches that have a nonzero chance of being our Head Coach next season:
Rick Pitino
About two dozen other guys

Coaches that have a zero chance of being our Head Coach next season:
John Calipari
Jay Wright

I would move Coach Pitino to the zero-chance category.

I would move Coach Pitino to the zero-chance category.
I would disagree. No inside info but just from looking at his comments the past couple years about SJU and how time is ticking for him to make a move to make another run at a high level conference in addition to the NCAA clearing him now I think there's a window that exists. I wouldn't say it's likely but to me there exists a universe where he's roaming our sidelines next season. No such universe exists for Cal or Jay

Back