Our Paul and his family require our help ( please read below )

Done and done.

Stage 4 colon cancer survivor here. There was a point where, as the saying goes, I wasn't buying any green bananas. Here by the grace of God. My mom told me so many people were praying for me she was sure God healed me just to shut everyone up. Hopefully that works here too.

Good luck Paul.
God Bless.

Just catching up on this thread after not being in front of my laptop over the long holiday weekend. Donated. Thoughts and prayers to Paul and his family during this difficult time. Couldn't imagine not being a part of this community these last 20+ years.
Thank you Mattc.

Done and done.

Stage 4 colon cancer survivor here. There was a point where, as the saying goes, I wasn't buying any green bananas. Here by the grace of God. My mom told me so many people were praying for me she was sure God healed me just to shut everyone up. Hopefully that works here too.

Good luck Paul.
Thank you tnice.

Done (a few days ago) and prayers to Paul and his family to have the strength to get through this hard time. I know that the redfan people I've met through the years would do anything to see Paul get back to good health.
Thank you OLV72

I want to thank all the posters who have donated to help Paul and his family. He has steadfastly been one of my best friends for 25 years and is one of the nicest, kindest and most devout friends I have ever had. If you know someone on the site who has not yet donated, plus encourage them to do so. Together, we can make a difference for Paul and his family. Thank you and blessings to all. Rich

It's really great that so many folks who don't post get their Red Storm info here and are appreciative of Paul's efforts and moved to help him and his family.

Red.fans is followed at least casually to religiously by at least 80-90% of fans I've met for the first time. When I tell them my screen name they almost always say they've read my posts. But this isn't about me at all. It's just evidence that Red.fans and its antecedent forms are a fundamental part of the SJU fan experience.

Many journalists get their story lines from red.fans. it would be awesome if Zach, or Mushnick, or any broadcasters with a huge social media following would post a link to donating here.

It would be awesome if we could help cancel some of the family debt and in doing so cancel our own debt to Paul and his family. It's really moving to witness this grass roots response.

There may not be a better fan base in the country. You don't prove that when things are great and you are cutting down the nets. You prove it when one of us needs help, and obviously no more deserved person than Paul for us to rally around.

Great stuff. All we need now is for prayers to start working and Paul to get well.

It's really great that so many folks who don't post get their Red Storm info here and are appreciative of Paul's efforts and moved to help him and his family.

Red.fans is followed at least casually to religiously by at least 80-90% of fans I've met for the first time. When I tell them my screen name they almost always say they've read my posts. But this isn't about me at all. It's just evidence that Red.fans and its antecedent forms are a fundamental part of the SJU fan experience.

Many journalists get their story lines from red.fans. it would be awesome if Zach, or Mushnick, or any broadcasters with a huge social media following would post a link to donating here.

It would be awesome if we could help cancel some of the family debt and in doing so cancel our own debt to Paul and his family. It's really moving to witness this grass roots response.

There may not be a better fan base in the country. You don't prove that when things are great and you are cutting down the nets. You prove it when one of us needs help, and obviously no more deserved person than Paul for us to rally around.

Great stuff. All we need now is for prayers to start working and Paul to get well.

Thanks for setting me up for this Beast:

We have all been praying for months. Maybe it's time for a Novena or three. Please consider this, one of my favorites:

Be blessed, O most pure Virgin, for having vouchsafed to manifest your shining with life, sweetness and beauty, in the Grotto of Lourdes, saying to the child, St. Bernadette: “I am the Immaculate Conception.” A thousand times we congratulate you upon your Immaculate Conception. And now, O ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of mercy, Health of the sick, Refuge of sinners, Comforter of the afflicted, you know our wants, our troubles, our sufferings; deign to cast upon us a look of mercy.

By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it a privileged sanctuary, whence you dispense your favors, and already many have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and physical. We come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain for us, O loving Mother, the granting of our request, that our brother Paul be healed from affliction and that he be returned to a healthy and happy life.

Through gratitude for your favors, we will endeavor to imitate your virtues, that we may one day share your glory. Our Lady of Lourdes, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your divine son while upon earth. You have the same influence now in Heaven. Pray for us; obtain for us from your Divine Son our special requests if it be the Divine Will.

Amen.

Thanks for setting me up for this Beast:

We have all been praying for months. Maybe it's time for a Novena or three. Please consider this, one of my favorites:

Be blessed, O most pure Virgin, for having vouchsafed to manifest your shining with life, sweetness and beauty, in the Grotto of Lourdes, saying to the child, St. Bernadette: “I am the Immaculate Conception.” A thousand times we congratulate you upon your Immaculate Conception. And now, O ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of mercy, Health of the sick, Refuge of sinners, Comforter of the afflicted, you know our wants, our troubles, our sufferings; deign to cast upon us a look of mercy.

By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it a privileged sanctuary, whence you dispense your favors, and already many have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and physical. We come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain for us, O loving Mother, the granting of our request, that our brother Paul be healed from affliction and that he be returned to a healthy and happy life.

Through gratitude for your favors, we will endeavor to imitate your virtues, that we may one day share your glory. Our Lady of Lourdes, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your divine son while upon earth. You have the same influence now in Heaven. Pray for us; obtain for us from your Divine Son our special requests if it be the Divine Will.

Amen.
🙏🏾

Back