Our Paul and his family require our help ( please read below )

If you’re someone who lurks/just enjoys reading this site, you may not be aware but Paul is the reason for all of this. If you’ve ever enjoyed red.fans and all it offers for us miserable Johnny fans, please consider contributing, it would mean a lot ❤️

If you’re someone who lurks/just enjoys reading this site, you may not be aware but Paul is the reason for all of this. If you’ve ever enjoyed red.fans and all it offers for us miserable Johnny fans, please consider contributing, it would mean a lot ❤️
Jack I’m being totally serious. Friday I texted RMN ( Aubie ) and told him about your original post when you donated and what you said and literally your post gave me hope for the future of this site that there is a generation below us that loves this place as much as us

Thank you very much for starting this topic. Thoughts and prayers with Paul and his family. I've been reading this site for over 20 years. Happy to make a donation. Thank you to Paul and everyone who keeps this site going.
Thank you MattyHoops.

Just catching up on this thread after not being in front of my laptop over the long holiday weekend. Donated. Thoughts and prayers to Paul and his family during this difficult time. Couldn't imagine not being a part of this community these last 20+ years.

Newsie without getting personal you’ve gone through this battle and survived can you elaborate on it at all ?
Apples and oranges. First, don't underestimate Paul's inner strength. It's what we call in sports, a "generational talent". It's what's keeping him going.

To make a long story short, I started peeing lots of blood...went to the doctor and he said I had kidney stones. He squared that a way...and on a follow-up, I learned I had kidney cancer. Doctors cut out a chunk of that organ. On a later follow-up, I learned I had very early stage pancreatic cancer. On the bright side, if I didn't have the kidney stones, I wouldn't be here today, so don't drink a lot of water..

I was sent to a doctor who did what was called a Whipple procedure...an eight and a half hour surgery where a chunk of my pancreas, stomach, small intestine and bile duct are removed. They also take the gall bladder, but mine was removed years earlier. They refused to give me a discount, so there's that. My recovery was faster than normal and I'm in the best shape I've been in for years...knock wood.

Paul is waiting for the Whipple, and has been for some time. That's the apples and oranges part. You need to have a tremendous amount of strength to withstand this kind of operation. Inner strength isn't enough otherwise he'd be shooting hoops this afternoon. He's been toughing out this disease for some time now. He's already proven that if anyone on this planet can beat it, he can.

Apples and oranges. First, don't underestimate Paul's inner strength. It's what we call in sports, a "generational talent". It's what's keeping him going.

To make a long story short, I started peeing lots of blood...went to the doctor and he said I had kidney stones. He squared that a way...and on a follow-up, I learned I had kidney cancer. Doctors cut out a chunk of that organ. On a later follow-up, I learned I had very early stage pancreatic cancer. On the bright side, if I didn't have the kidney stones, I wouldn't be here today, so don't drink a lot of water..

I was sent to a doctor who did what was called a Whipple procedure...an eight and a half hour surgery where a chunk of my pancreas, stomach, small intestine and bile duct are removed. They also take the gall bladder, but mine was removed years earlier. They refused to give me a discount, so there's that. My recovery was faster than normal and I'm in the best shape I've been in for years...knock wood.

Paul is waiting for the Whipple, and has been for some time. That's the apples and oranges part. You need to have a tremendous amount of strength to withstand this kind of operation. Inner strength isn't enough otherwise he'd be shooting hoops this afternoon. He's been toughing out this disease for some time now. He's already proven that if anyone on this planet can beat it, he can.
Beautifully stated. Nothing to add except prayers and financial support needed in abundance.

The newer posters on this site may not recognize “newsman13” but he was a onetime regular poster and major content contributor.

If there was a Redman.com posters Hall of Fame Newsman13 would be in it.

Hey Newzie … get well.

I was away when this thread started; I cried when I read Mike's message, thank you Mike (and RMN) for alerting us to this tragedy and letting us to assist Paul and Paul's family. I have only met Paul through PMs, but in any exchange I had with him, I felt the sense of a genuinely kind and generous person and my heart extends to Paul and his loved ones.

I donated, and will make it a recurring one.

PLEASE, everyone who ever went on Redmen.com now Red.Fans, do whatever you can, large or small to help alleviate the financial burden Paul's family is going through. It is an insidious disease and no one should have to endure the illness itself, but then also, the financial hardships accompanying it. Paul does not have Steve Jobs' wealth, so I urge everyone, even this removed connected to this site, to do their part.

Stormin' the Gates of Heaven with Prayers.

Done and done.

Stage 4 colon cancer survivor here. There was a point where, as the saying goes, I wasn't buying any green bananas. Here by the grace of God. My mom told me so many people were praying for me she was sure God healed me just to shut everyone up. Hopefully that works here too.

Good luck Paul.

Back