NIT Bracketology

Kids, or at least their representatives, are shopping themselves all year long.
There are people who post here who are way more connected than I am and I was aware of more than a few “discussions” between different schools and players all season.
Of course they are. I was speaking ironically, as it would be nice if at least kids playing in the tourney would hold off for the time being.

I don't think we'll be able to field a team if we do get invited to the NIT.

Soriano, Jenkins, Dingle, Ledlum, Alleyne have no incentive to play in it so would expect them to pass on it.

If Luis and/or Taylor are planning on transferring they wouldn't play in it.

The only ones that would benefit to play in it are

Sim
Conway
Dunlap
Traore
Zuby

So we have 5 guys, maybe 7 if Luis/Taylor are staying. Better coach up some walk ons if they accept an NIT bid.
I think Soriano has everything to play for in terms of playing professionally overseas. I would assume his stock has plummeted since the end of January.

I'm a fan of this Squad and would love to see them play again - NIT / CBI... whatever

That said- I would put it up to the players- if they don't want to... then its over - time to go shopping

I'm a fan of this Squad and would love to see them play again - NIT / CBI... whatever

That said- I would put it up to the players- if they don't want to... then its over - time to go shopping
First one verified drunk posting today goes to Buckets

If I’m a kid about to portal for $$$ I’m saying hell no to NIT. Why risk injury. We are going to get to a point where kids are tapping out end of season if they have huge payday the following year for risk of injury unless imo
Yet they are getting paid to play and represent their school. Buy some insurance with their NIL money. Tapping out is BS or how about refunding back some cash on prorated basis.

Yet they are getting paid to play and represent their school. Buy some insurance with their NIL money. Tapping out is BS or how about refunding back some cash on prorated basis.
totally agree but let's say you come as a sophomore you are getting 200k. You blow up and you already have offers for 600k plus for the next season back channels other schools. What are the odds you planned for the future ?

Much different than sure fire guys buying insurance ahead of NBA following season or NFL etc

Last edited:
totally agree but let's say you are come as a sophomore you are getting 200k. You blow up and you already have offers for 600k plus for the next season back channels other schools. What are the odds you planned for the future ?

Much different than sure fire guys buying insurance ahead of NBA following season or NFL etc
They signed a contract, could they then tap out if their team is going nowhere that season or when ever they want? Wonder what contract states regarding tapping out. Seems one sided in players favor.

Back