NIT Bracketology

otis

Staff member
2022 $upporter Moderator
StJ's a #2 seed in the East, on course with the University of Syracuse.

Would be interesting to see if anyone opts out if we wind upon the NIT. Hope we don’t find out

100% disagree. It sucks. But focus on Wilcher and the guys that will be back, and let the seniors sit out of they want.

Fact is, though, I put probability of NIT less than 5%.
If we do not make the NCAAs then we are all but certain to be selected for the NIT.
The top 2 teams from the P6 conferences will receive an automatic bid to the NIT.

NIT changes for 2024

I don't even think we should accept a NIT invite. Waste of time for the players and coaches
Know this is the "Not Invited Tournament".... but not a fan of declining an invite for extended basketball... esp a post-season tourney that could help the development of our younger guys... any team, esp St. John's- thinking they are "too good" for the NIT rubs me the wrong way.

Not gonna dive deep into all the past winners- but most notably- Xavier won it in 2022 and had a real good season last year- 2nd place BE and Sweet 16 - similarly for the Baylor in 2013- they followed it up with a strong showing.

Think there can be benefit for the following year. (as long it's not a Robert Morris repeat)

That wouldn’t be fair as she is a better shooter than anyone on our team. 😂😂😂
That's not even a joke. She has hit 88 shots from 25 feet and beyond this season. Next closest in ncaaw has 51. Plus she is a great passer and unselfish player.

In a game with i believe 49 points, she passed up an end of game layup to pass to a teammate. Shining future star for the wnba that should elevate attendance everywhere.

Know this is the "Not Invited Tournament".... but not a fan of declining an invite for extended basketball... esp a post-season tourney that could help the development of our younger guys... any team, esp St. John's- thinking they are "too good" for the NIT rubs me the wrong way.

Not gonna dive deep into all the past winners- but most notably- Xavier won it in 2022 and had a real good season last year- 2nd place BE and Sweet 16 - similarly for the Baylor in 2013- they followed it up with a strong showing.

Think there can be benefit for the following year. (as long it's not a Robert Morris repeat)
I think an “NIL bracketology” would be a much more popular thread.

Back