NIL’s

I can see Dickinson amount being accurate. Was just discussing the transfer with a Michigan guy, and he was complaining that their NIL is garbage. The amount that mid-major kids are asking now is staggering, so Dickinson is probably looking for more than $1 million. Deserves it too if some of these other kids get the hundreds of thousands that they are asking for.

I can see Dickinson amount being accurate. Was just discussing the transfer with a Michigan guy, and he was complaining that their NIL is garbage. The amount that mid-major kids are asking now is staggering, so Dickinson is probably looking for more than $1 million. Deserves it too if some of these other kids get the hundreds of thousands that they are asking for.
I think it was you who said it regarding NIL but that negotiation takes as long as coach player and 5th year guys as you said are commanding crazy money and they can because their selling point is 1 year free agent basically to help you get over the top and I don’t have enough contact info like you ti get general market place demands but I know one kid specifically and its mind boggling

For SJU, the NIL concept has publicly been displayed. If you put that together with how fast RP wants to build a winning team, I can see some handlers equating that to SJU being desperate, and willing to pay high NIL's. I can also see some handlers using SJU as leverage to get other schools to up their NIL offer. College basketball will never be the same. No longer (in most instances) does a high ranked kid come to a school for just the coach.

1 name; Warren Buffett
I know you were joking but Warren Buffett goes through the drive in att McDonalds each morning on way to office and buys a breakfast sandwich at some like $2.37 because it's the best value and doesn't buy a meal or a beverage. He spends very little because he believes in compounding his investment gains into more gains and lives in a simple house he bought in the 1950s. I'd be mildly stunned if he were an NIL donor with zero ROI.

Now MR on the other hand and at least one other very committed NIL donor could be impactful for us. I'm really worried about our ability to compete here.

For SJU, the NIL concept has publicly been displayed. If you put that together with how fast RP wants to build a winning team, I can see some handlers equating that to SJU being desperate, and willing to pay high NIL's. I can also see some handlers using SJU as leverage to get other schools to up their NIL offer. College basketball will never be the same. No longer (in most instances) does a high ranked kid come to a school for just the coach.
Agree but I dont think it's just SJU I think like you said handlers are getting schools to bid against each other at least 1 kid I know its fact so I'm assuming like others have said here that's going to be the Norm ( no pun or former coach intended )

Agree but I dont think it's just SJU I think like you said handlers are getting schools to bid against each other at least 1 kid I know its fact so I'm assuming like others have said here that's going to be the Norm ( no pun or former coach intended )
I will support the program as I always have; by purchasing season tickets, buying merchandise and, like you, consuming plenty of alcohol at the games. The NIL as it is, to me, is a farce and I will not contribute one penny to it. The original intent was so that kids could make money off their image and likeness, which is certainly fair. How did it morph in to one big "Gofundme" campaign???

I will support the program as I always have; by purchasing season tickets, buying merchandise and, like you, consuming plenty of alcohol at the games. The NIL as it is, to me, is a farce and I will not contribute one penny to it. The original intent was so that kids could make money off their image and likeness, which is certainly fair. How did it morph in to one big "Gofundme" campaign???
If St Johns was smart they would have part of every beer or alcohol sale go to NIL.

And if that's against the intent of the NIL then break the f'ing original intent

Keitameister
Soriano Slam Dunk IPA

as an example

From a week and a half ago, but interesting NIL take from Jim Larranaga.

Because the NCAA just changed the rule with absolutely no limits or regulations. Basically a free for all.

If St Johns was smart they would have part of every beer or alcohol sale go to NIL.

And if that's against the intent of the NIL then break the f'ing original intent

Keitameister
Soriano Slam Dunk IPA

as an example
That’s not how NIL works at all.

Seth Greenbeg thinks that pretty soon, kids will sign 2 year contracts with a school. Then the school has them for 2 years. Cant transfer. I like that idea.

Although at that point, the kids will be employees and probably wont have to take classes.
I think they'll have buyouts like coaches have. If you want to leave, the school you're going to has to pay the buyout. If you're gonna get no burn at a power conference school and will be going down a level, the buyout will probably be waived.

Question -for those who know how it works

If a coach offers a player, and player is interested but wants to know NIL $, does school basically put them in touch with an NIL group ( like Storm Marketing) and then whomever at this NIL group is determining how many $ they will make available, and then player either accepts or declines both the NIL (and then offer from coach)?

Back