NCAA Tournament

You mean future players will identify UConn with national prominence.

FAU made the final four, but I doubt Middle Tennessee State reaps any rewards with future recruiting.
K,
No matter what the future influence, it will benefit every team in the conference.
Uconn has always been identified as a national power. Even while in the American conference they got their 4 and 5 star players. However, Uconn rightfully knew it would never be on the level of the Big East as far as exposure.
Ironically, I think the only national title credited to the American was a Uconn champion.
Elite players want to play in strong conferences with media exposure.
New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Cincinnati etc.
The ACC was so envious that they raided our conference but alas, Syracuse no longer has Boeheim, coach K is no longer at Duke, Roy Williams is gone and Louisville......well, we now have Pitino.
The PAC 10 will soon pack up and move and the Big East is easily a power 5 conference in basketball.
Uconn football is hanging on life support and unless the BIG calls they're not going anywhere.

I understand the hate but this is huge for the Big East and for future media interest.
It is a conference that future players will identify with national prominence and will increase their interest in playing in.
Go Huskies!
I'll make a comprise. Instead of rooting against Uconn I'll take my ambien at 11pm instead and just wont care about the end of the game. That's the best I can do without rooting for something catastrophic to happen to Uconn

K,
No matter what the future influence, it will benefit every team in the conference.
Uconn has always been identified as a national power. Even while in the American conference they got their 4 and 5 star players. However, Uconn rightfully knew it would never be on the level of the Big East as far as exposure.
Ironically, I think the only national title credited to the American was a Uconn champion.
The ACC was so envious that they raided our conference but alas, Syracuse no longer has Boeheim, coach K is no longer at Duke, Roy Williams is gone and Louisville......well, we now have Pitino.
The PAC 10 will soon pack up and move and the Big East is easily a power 5 conference in basketball.
Uconn football is hanging on life support and unless the BIG calls they're not going anywhere.
Those players will come to the Big East even if UConn losses tonight. The conference will also not be tarnished if UConn loses.

Those players will come to the Big East even if UConn losses tonight. The conference will also not be tarnished if UConn loses.
It is really hard to prove tangibly one way or the other. But flip it the other way around and do you think Fresno state can benefit from a SDST win tonight?

It is really hard to prove tangibly one way or the other. But flip it the other way around and do you think Fresno state can benefit from a SDST win tonight?
Exactly. I made an earlier comment that Middle Tennessee State will not benefit from FAU making the final four.

It’s not a football game LOL even with 9:20 start time should be over by 11:30ish.
So even if this turns out true why not give us the 20 minutes? Many people wake up at 6 a.m. or earlier for work tomorrow. Both time zones would still be in prime time.

Exactly. I made an earlier comment that Middle Tennessee State will not benefit from FAU making the final four.
Well maybe not exactly lol. I’m not as sure as you are that Fresno State wouldn’t benefit more from a SDST win tonight than a loss. But 1 for that conference might not equal 1 for another.

So even if this turns out true why not give us the 20 minutes? Many people wake up at 6 a.m. or earlier for work tomorrow. Both time zones would still be in prime time.
My guess it that it will not start until 9:30. Add in the longer commercial breaks and the longer half time and it will end after midnight.

IMO, the game should start at 8:15pm (EST). I'm a night owl, but I don't particularly care for 9pm starting times, if there's only one game to be played. I'd love tonight's time if I resided in Mountain and Pacific time zones, and Alaska and Hawaii.

Most casual fans don't even know what conference they play in and unless you are a west coast guy neither have a national following.

No one will be tarnished! It's the championship.
The Big East has only to gain and by association, every Big East basketball program.
Some made for T.V. rivalries are being reestablished.
Providence-Georgetown, St. John's-Uconn, Xavier-Butler,
Villanova-Everyone.......
We, as St. John's fans, gain nothing from a San Diego win.

No one will be tarnished! It's the championship.
The Big East has only to gain and by association, every Big East basketball program.
Some made for T.V. rivalries are being reestablished.
Providence-Georgetown, St. John's-Uconn, Xavier-Butler,
Villanova-Everyone.......
We, as St. John's fans, gain nothing from a San Diego win.
We are going in circles and will never agree.

K,
I am a Cuse football fan, and the sad fact is they make more in Football being mediocre in the ACC than being great in basketball in the Big East

UConn 7.5 point favorite tomorrow night against SDSU. At the risk of jinxing them, they are undefeated (16-0) against non Big East competition.
Honestly there isn't that much difference between UConn and Creighton in one game where depth doesn't matter. Creighton was a top five/ten team in KenPom all year. And if they can beat Creighton they can beat UConn.

But Creighton really should have won that game.

This tournament proved the seeds didn’t mean much. The best teams advanced.
This will keep happening until the Committee starts using something other than NET. FAU was a top ten team in both D and O efficiency in KenPom. And none of these teams are huge surprises; all of them rated better than Gonzaga for example, as no one has made a FF with a D efficiency as bad as theirs.

That’s what I think too. I originally thought Gonzaga would have been their toughest opponent, but we know how that turned out. If UCONN wins, and I think it highly likely, I don’t think it will be by double digits, as every other one of their wins in this tournament has been.
Gonzaga was only the 70th best defensive team. I was surprised they made it as far as they did, but that UConn rout was inevitable

Back