NCAA Tournament

fordham96

Thought I would start a thread.

First thought, how does a #9 seeded Auburn get to have essentially a home game playing in Birmingham against Iowa and potentially Houston in the second round?

Thought I would start a thread.

First thought, how does a #9 seeded Auburn get to have essentially a home game playing in Birmingham against Iowa and potentially Houston in the second round?
Teams should never be allowed to play home games or too close to home in the NCAA Tournament. I hate when they do that. For years Duke was allowed to play every year in Greensboro, it was ridiculous.

Teams should never be allowed to play home games or too close to home in the NCAA Tournament. I hate when they do that. For years Duke was allowed to play every year in Greensboro, it was ridiculous.
Again they went to the POD system because some arena's were not selling well because of lack of local teams and in 2001 they sent Maryland (a 3 seed), Georgetown, George Mason and Hampton (all DMV schools) to Boise for the West sub-regional. It was ridiculous. That prompted the POD system.

But a home court advantage should be rewarded to a top 4 seed. Not a 9 seed.

Again they went to the POD system because some arena's were not selling well because of lack of local teams and in 2001 they sent Maryland (a 3 seed), Georgetown, George Mason and Hampton (all DMV schools) to Boise for the West sub-regional. It was ridiculous. That prompted the POD system.

But a home court advantage should be rewarded to a top 4 seed. Not a 9 seed.
Agreed

Will you feel the same if St. John’s (in a few years) played at MSG in the East Regional?

It’s used to be why Nova played less games at Wells Fargo in years they host NCAA games.
No team can play in the first two weekends in an arena where it played more than three regular season games. The only exception is Dayton, which would be allowed to play on its home floor in the first Four.

My disdain for all things UConn is well documented but I want them to win this game. Let's get this Iona season over with already and make it clear to their coach that in order to beat a Big East team you need to move on to a bigger local program. Honestly a full beatdown would be just fine with me. One win in this tournament isn't going to make the UConn faithful any more arrogant than they already are. And SJU can get some closure on the coaching situation.

Go Huskies!

Ewww, I feel dirty.

My disdain for all things UConn is well documented but I want them to win this game. Let's get this Iona season over with already and make it clear to their coach that in order to beat a Big East team you need to move on to a bigger local program. Honestly a full beatdown would be just fine with me. One win in this tournament isn't going to make the UConn faithful any more arrogant than they already are. And SJU can get some closure on the coaching situation.

Go Huskies!

Ewww, I feel dirty.
100%

You gotta give it to P-I-T-T this year. I am hoping they can make a run. Totally overachieved this year but tough game with MS state. For once I wish we would be the team that over-achieved and made the tournament. Like I've said before just achieve would be nice.

I have Iona besting UCONN in OT on Friday . Hurley gets T and ejected from Arena for running on Court to protest a Sanogo foul which was his 5 th .
I like the thoroughness of your prediction. What is the money line on Hurley running on the court?

Back