NBA

Guess everyone is different, but if you're an true competitor, and had all the name advantage up to this point, you'd think you'd at some point do everything possible not to follow your daddy and his pull and try to make it to league on your own.

Guess everyone is different, but if you're an true competitor, and had all the name advantage up to this point, you'd think you'd at some point do everything possible not to follow your daddy and his pull and try to make it to league on your own.
What should he have done?

I hear what you’re saying but don’t think that’s all that easy.
Lebron is one of two greatest players of all time and I think it's always been a dream of his to play with his son. It's not like the Lakers took him in the first round and it's also not like experts didn't think he deserved to go somewhere in the 2nd round. Personally, I think it's good for the NBA and probably good for Lakers buzz next year. No big deal imho.

Lebron is one of two greatest players of all time and I think it's always been a dream of his to play with his son. It's not like the Lakers took him in the first round and it's also not like experts didn't think he deserved to go somewhere in the 2nd round. Personally, I think it's good for the NBA and probably good for Lakers buzz next year. No big deal imho.
The worst part about it was ESPN's coverage of day two.

Seems like a solid kid. He may have been drafted anyway, maybe not. The question is what type of contract does his dad get him: guaranteed NBA, two way, or G-League contract?

Another example of a "Hollywood Nepo Baby". If he wasn't LeBron's kid, he would not have been drafted. As soon as LeBron retires, let's see what happens to Nepo Baby.

No, no nepotism here. Started 6 games at USC, averaged less than 20 minutes a game and less than 5 points but “experts” projected him a 2nd round pick, same as Tristan Newton and Cam Spencer.
Not sure which is more appropriate, throwing the BS flag or just laughing at the absurdity.
To be clear, not rooting against the kid at all, but he was drafted because of who his father is, plain and simple. In doing so, a much more deserving player lost his earned opportunity, so very classless move IMO.

I saw this a lot of places. Didn’t see day 2, anything crazy that happened in particular?
No, but -- without exaggeration -- they talked about Bronny for probably half or a little more of the whole broadcast. It was almost distasteful since they ignored picks being made left and right. There was also a segment where nepotism wasn't a bad thing, which gave off a very weird, insincere vibe.

I heard the Lakers' front office was really sweating it out through the second round. They were concerned another team would draft Bronny before their pick.

Back