NBA

Legit didn’t know who Desmond Bane was until tonight.

Granted I’m not a huge NBA fan but still

Tip of the hat to our guy Happy who was spot on about this guy’s talent despite his size way back in his Loughlin days 👏👏👏👏

When I saw Fred VanVleet play I thought it was obvious he was an NBAer. I would have chosen him the late first round if I were one of those teams at the bottom, and never could get why the guys running draft rooms didn't agree.

Fred has more size than Nowell, but I got same vibes from him in college, especially last season. Kid is a winner. The league is changing -- hopefully enough that a team isn't afraid to carry a small PG.

When I saw Fred VanVleet play I thought it was obvious he was an NBAer. I would have chosen him the late first round if I were one of those teams at the bottom, and never could get why the guys running draft rooms didn't agree.

Fred has more size than Nowell, but I got same vibes from him in college, especially last season. Kid is a winner. The league is changing -- hopefully enough that a team isn't afraid to carry a small PG.
Maybe this gives 22-23 year old rookies a fair shake in the NBA again. I think by and large they come in better fundamentally sound, instead of 19 year olds with one year in college.

Of course the league may not have much of a choice if more and more players stay in school because of NIL money.

Hopefully it helps to improve the NBA as well, because it can be unwatchable at times.

Maybe this gives 22-23 year old rookies a fair shake in the NBA again. I think by and large they come in better fundamentally sound, instead of 19 year olds with one year in college.

Of course the league may not have much of a choice if more and more players stay in school because of NIL money.

Hopefully it helps to improve the NBA as well, because it can be unwatchable at times.
There are some real positives to NIL and the product of basketball in the USA. One is the potential to make the NBA somewhat less dependent on very young players who are not NBA ready yet. The other is that when those players remain in college it raises the level of the college game. And last, but not least it negates much of the appeal of running overseas for players who are not NBA level. More and more of those guys are staying now which also raises the overall talent pool in college.

Obnoxious guy, but sold magazines or something door to door as a teen I think

I was going to write that it doesn't matter what it looks like if he's hitting them, but then I looked it up and he's shooting 24 percent from the line.
If you watched the video you could have saved yourself the time of looking up his stats 🤣

Back