More Storr!!!!

Not enough time to say he played like anything
Again if he had a first half like Wusu did I would totally agree
And if going on merit Wusu wouldn’t have played in 2nd half
If you are basing PT last night (Wusu vs Storr) on the 1st half of the Syracuse game alone... then yes, neither stood to warrant more time than the other... But coach is basing it on the 2 years Wusu has played, the wars hes gone through, to warrant those 2nd half minutes... which played a part in the W

Storr missed a few D assignments, looked shook a bit and Anderson pulled him. Granted he played only a few minutes, but argue with the coach. If he played more minutes and still looked shaky, my point above still stands.
Yesterday:

Storr IN - Syracuse 10 SJU 8
Storr OUT - Syracuse 19 SJU 8

AJ Storr is this year's Tariq Couburn. You make a few 3's and you can win over a fan base while being terrible on defense 😂

And Storr is going to be alright, he has a bright future, patience is going to be key for him. He's behind veterans, CMA is doing what Ed Cooley did last year, which is shortening his rotation and allowing upperclassmen to make plays and win games for him, I'm not mad at that logic, it's been proven in college basketball if you don't have top tier recruits the next best way to win is with older players.

Another thing that needs to die, "That St johns has to bend over backwards for kids or they are going to transfer." If he is going to transfer because he cant beat out the kids in front of him, good riddance.

Its crazy how some in this fanbase find all this negative nonsense after what we just pulled off the last 2 days. We are winning. All the players are super happy. No one is thinking about transferring. All is good St johns fans!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!
Well said.

I don't believe in the logic of just playing somebody because of their high school ranking. Those rankings once you step on campus don't mean a thing, that's just a past achievement and something for the broadcasters to talk about. The right players were on the floor last night. Wusu did an amazing job in OT on the Girard kid. CMA noticed Mathis was started to miss a step because he was tired and made an adjustment and put Wusu in, and it paid off.

Moses over Jackson
Stewart over Shelton Jones
Sproling over Brown
Patterson over Wright
Wusu over Storr
There are many reasons we struggle as a program, playing busted guys more than talented Frosh is one of them

Well said.

I don't believe in the logic of just playing somebody because of their high school ranking. Those rankings once you step on campus don't mean a thing, that's just a past achievement and something for the broadcasters to talk about. The right players were on the floor last night. Wusu did an amazing job in OT on the Girard kid. CMA noticed Mathis was started to miss a step because he was tired and made an adjustment and put Wusu in, and it paid off.
We don’t get many of those guys so….
Yes Wusu played a nice defensive game
But if the point is he went with Wusu over Storr because Storr was struggling?
By that logic Wusu should not have played.
Hey even Wusu knew he was struggling which is why he ditched his pajama top

He’s an abomination at the rim. There’s no way to deny that right now. He is not a useless offensive player.
Agree…his drives are the primary deficiency…might be misremembering but he seemed to convert his drives at a higher clip in his freshmen year (could be wrong)…not sure if his approach has changed…perhaps he isn’t getting to the shot-blockers body as much(?)…

Compounding this is fact that his outside shooting is suffering right now (I assume it might be a confidence issue) but I fully expect it to come around…I think a number of our guys who are competing for time off the bench are trying to do too much. Wusu has a nose for the ball and usually gets his fair share of garbage points. He is tough and seems to be all in on “team first”. Don’t disagree that Storr needs more time but Wusu remains a valuable player for us.

We don’t get many of those guys so….
Yes Wusu played a nice defensive game
But if the point is he went with Wusu over Storr because Storr was struggling?
By that logic Wusu should not have played.
Hey even Wusu knew he was struggling which is why he ditched his pajama top

LOL, What?

Do you not realize they won the game? If CMA played one of the walk-ons and they won that's all that matters. You are literally on here picking arguments because the coach decided to play someone else over your favorite player. Wusu locked up the other teams leading scorer for the entire OT period, it was a great decision to play Wusu then, that decision helped win the game.

There are teams, good ones that play Freshman
Just saying
Freshmen deserve to play when they can help the team MORE than the guy whose minutes they take.
As was said above, storr ceiling MUCH higher, but last night, Wusu defense was more important.
(and I’m NOT a Wusu fan, I expect/hope Storr starts next year)
Storr averaged 13 mpg the 1st 4 games- perfect.
we all are happy that this might be the deepest team we’ve had in a long time,
one casualty of this is good frosh getting less minutes.

Last edited:
From what I could see on TV during timeouts, Storr was completely engaged in the game and with his teammates. I think too much is being made about minutes that just weren't there for him during what one poster described as a "dog fight." He'll be fine. I trust CMA and the process.
Would agree…both he and King had big smiles on when the win was sealed.

And, if I recall, I believe it was Storr who emphasized the “family” culture to Gardner.

No very happy
One small change and think we will be in position to win a tournament game
They just won a pre-season tournament and 6-0 based on what the coach has done thus far, why would he change what he's doing just to appease you? It really sounds like you would have been happier if they lost the game and Storr played more.

From what I could see on TV during timeouts, Storr was completely engaged in the game and with his teammates. I think too much is being made about minutes that just weren't there for him during what one poster described as a "dog fight." He'll be fine. I trust CMA and the process.
Storr was supposedly influential in getting Gardener to sign. With kids, things can obviously change quickly but I’d say he’s pretty happy so far.

They just won a pre-season tournament and 6-0 based on what the coach has done thus far, why would he change what he's doing just to appease you? It really sounds like you would have been happier if they lost the game and Storr played more.
Because I was a fan when we used to make the tournament and know what it takes to do so. So far Anderson has not been able to do what other legendary ST John’s coaches like Mullin, Lavin, Mahoney and Jarvis have accomplished. So far I don’t dislike Anderson but if we don’t make tournament this year he will start to trend that way.
Not about 6-0, team needs another scorer and Storr can be it. Also the thing Wusu does well I think Mathis can cover.
Tournament or bust this year.
Happy Turkey Day

Because I was a fan when we used to make the tournament and know what it takes to do so. So far Anderson has not been able to do what other legendary ST John’s coaches like Mullin, Lavin, Mahoney and Jarvis have accomplished. So far I don’t dislike Anderson but if we don’t make tournament this year he will start to trend that way.
Not about 6-0, team needs another scorer and Storr can be it. Also the thing Wusu does well I think Mathis can cover.
Tournament or bust this year.
Happy Turkey Day
Spinning Fool,s gold. Enough already.

Nova’s big recruit mark armstrong played 7 minutes today. He is probably on the phone now discussing his transferring options w/ storr.

Some st johns fans. My goodness……..

Back