More Storr!!!!

Yea Pinzon and Storr are probably equally as bad on defense, as far as not letting their man just drive right past them. Difference right now in Pinzon though is his body language on offense and defense is just much better than Storr's. On offense you can see Pinzon has a lot of confidence, I was watching him last night, even without the ball he was cutting, setting good screens, and was moving the ball well and keeping the offense rolling, his shot looks really good, looks like it's going in every time.
I thought the body language experts left once Harrison graduated.
I will play along though. Every time Posh misses a shot he looks like someone stole his puppy and Curbelo….
Think people looking for reasons to justify Anderson pt decisions. Same coach who gave Wheeler a DNP-CD last year and took 15 games to realize he was our 2nd best player.
I would give Pinzon and Storr Wusu minutes because he should not play at all.
Favorite part of game is a guy who can’t shoot taking a shot without one shoe

I will play along though. Every time Posh misses a shot he looks like someone stole his puppy and Curbelo….
Think people looking for reasons to justify Anderson pt decisions. Same coach who gave Wheeler a DNP-CD last year and took 15 games to realize he was our 2nd best player.

whats with this constant narrative you push that Mike A took too long to find out Wheeler was good.

Wheeler had multiple really bad games like the one against Kansas, played nearly half the game and made no impact, Pitt at MSG, home win against Depaul (31 minutes, 5 points) home game against GTown (27 minutes, 3-11 from the field).

Wheeler started playing better and earned more time and more looks on offense.

I don't understand that being a knock against Mike A at all when you look at Wheeler's game log it really does not check out. Show me posts of people on this site who were calling for more Wheeler minutes before the game @Prov where he clearly went up a level. I bet you can't find them. Cause no one really wanted more Wheeler minutes early in the year cause he just straight up was not that good

I am lukewarm on Mike A at this juncture but that is some propaganda right there

That Wheeler excuse you keep peddling in every thread is so tired. Wheeler developed over time as he got more comfortable in the system. You're trying to paint it like he was some great player from Day 1 that CMA just ignored out of ignorance. It took him time to adjust to the system and to get his confidence going.

And also the major flaw in your Wheeler theory is the guy transferred here as a 5th year senior because he was getting limited playing time at Purdue and he wasn't making shots and lost his confidence. There was literally people like yourself complaining about the Wheeler pick-up because the guy only average like 3 PPG and was shooting 20% from three. So essentially your saying that Maint Painter, who's been to 4 sweet 16s, in the last 10 years doesn't know how to utilize and develop players, because he had him for 5 years, and couldn't get more than an average of 3 points out of him.

If you don’t play at Purdue it has no bearing on his playing time here. Like apples to dog food.
Wheeler on last years team clearly should have played and certainly should not have been a DNP

I saw potential in Wheeler even when most of the board was bashing him and posted that opinion more than once, but I also think he was just one of those guys who blossomed/put it all together late in his college career. BTW saw he had a nice game off the bench for Greensboro Swarm the Hornets G League team the other night.

If you don’t play at Purdue it has no bearing on his playing time here. Like apples to dog food.
Wheeler on last years team clearly should have played and certainly should not have been a DNP
he did play... all year.

He got a DNP against Fordham?? Two days after he sucked ass in the Kansas game. And maybe it lit a fire under Wheels cause he started to piece things together shortly after that.

So I am not really sure what you are on about here. What game could have been flipped from an L to a W had Wheeler played more?

In our 3 early season losses he shot a combined 2-13 from the field in 39 minutes. He was 2-7 from the line. He struggled with defensive rotations.

He started to pick things up in a road loss to Providence and got consistent minutes for the rest of the year.

I am just kind of baffled by this complaint. Especially when its a transfer who probably needed time to get acclimated to a new system

Progressively getting more from a player as the season goes on is actually a sign of good coaching from my view, to instead act like we squandered Wheeler early in the year is interesting to me. He wasn't good early in the year, I watched him every game. We were all there.

To do anything besides praise CMA regarding the development of Wheeler is silly IMO. Plenty of other things to complain about.
Guy was like 24 what development
Ok then by that logic let’s giveNorm the credit for Hardy and Brownlee
Mahoney credit for Felipe and Hamilton finally making a tournament

He played 18 MPG his last season at Purdue and averaged 3 PPG, shot 26% from three, and 56% from free throw line. CMA got 10 points, 38% from 3, 64% free throws in 22 MPG.

So... which coach you wanna go with didn't know how to use Wheeler correctly? Because according to you the answer can't get he got better as the season progressed last year, a coach has to be at fault.

So, I'm guessing no players at the NBA or pro level develops after 24. And here I was listening to experts that said most NBA players start their prime around 25 or 26.

Lol no you give lavin credit for Hardy and Brownlee. This is insane man.

24 and showed nothing close to what he gave us under CMA.

There should be temporary bans for just making stuff up. Nothing this guy says is based on any logic or facts. He said basketball players can't develop after 24 and that Wheeler didn't get to play at Purdue. He's just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Again Purdue gets its name announced every year on Selection Sunday. We Are St John’s
Not being good enough to get mins at Purdue has nothing to do with getting mins here.

Again Purdue gets its name announced every year on Selection Sunday. We Are St John’s
Not being good enough to get mins at Purdue has nothing to do with getting mins here.
That’s why we took him as a transfer. Staff was high on him.

Lol no you give lavin credit for Hardy and Brownlee. This is insane man.

24 and showed nothing close to what he gave us under CMA.
Yes where it deserves
My prediction is around the point that we are 4-6 in BE Anderson will turn Storr loose and people will I guess give him credit for “developing” Storr. Meanwhile if played him sooner probably wouldn’t be 4-6.
And those still defending any Wusu minutes…..

Back