More Storr!!!!

Wusu played an excellent game last night, especially down the stretch. Don't question for a minute that Storr has a higher ceiling. I would hope he gets extended minutes against Niagra to get his confidence up, but he definitely didn't deserve more time in last night's game.
Wusu was scoreless on 5 shots last night. If everyone on the team did that we would have been shut out. Yes he played well on defense but there are two ends of a basketball court so I can’t say he played an “excellent “ game.

The problem here is that if you are going to bring in a four star player, he needs to play, not sit. Storr is Anderson’s highest rated HS recruit (out of HS) to date and he barely plays? I’m sure when Storr sees Wusu and others getting minutes over him, he losses confidence in himself which isn’t good.

I have to question posters who are justifying Wusu’s play time over Storr? The OOC schedule is the best time for Storr to get minutes in preparation for the conference schedule. If not then, when???? In this last game, while Wusu got a couple of rebounds, he threw up one bad shot after another, threw a pass right into a defenders hand for a break away layup, and made a few costly fouls.
This is 100% accurate
Probably would have been funnier but could not have said it better myself

Agree Storr needs significant minutes vs. Niagara & LIU. From there use as warranted vs. Iowa St. and then more minutes vs. New Hampshire before we start conf play vs. DePaul on the 7th.

I'd do the same to lesser degree with Pinzon & Nwiye - based on how game is going.

Our main guys don't need 30+ minutes to beat those teams. Keep them fresh prior to conf play

You really are loyal
Reason Storr was bigger recruit
Just something to chew on as Anderson “handles Storr perfectly” in this day and age of easy transfers……
Another thing that needs to die, "That St johns has to bend over backwards for kids or they are going to transfer." If he is going to transfer because he cant beat out the kids in front of him, good riddance.

Its crazy how some in this fanbase find all this negative nonsense after what we just pulled off the last 2 days. We are winning. All the players are super happy. No one is thinking about transferring. All is good St johns fans!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

At this stage yes St John’s has to do some bending over. Can’t have it both ways if u want the program to be better.
At this point ST John’s is the creepy guy in the corner of the bar. When pretty girl comes over you got to treat her right because not many pretty girls come by.

Does Storr need to see the floor more- obviously- the talent is there and it needs to be developed.

Coach did not see last night as an opportunity for that, which I agreed with. Last night was a rock fight and CMA went with those he knew he could trust at this point in the young season. For how awful Wusu looked offensively last night, kid was a bull on D, and that's what last night called for.

For those scared that Storr's benching would impact his confidence, could it also work in such a way to motivate* him? Have some great practices and show out in the coming games? We have to stop thinking all these freshmen are fragile snowflakes. Maybe Storr can handle the benching- learn from it- and do what it takes to warrant* PT.

From what I could see on TV during timeouts, Storr was completely engaged in the game and with his teammates. I think too much is being made about minutes that just weren't there for him during what one poster described as a "dog fight." He'll be fine. I trust CMA and the process.

From what I could see on TV during timeouts, Storr was completely engaged in the game and with his teammates. I think too much is being made about minutes that just weren't there for him during what one poster described as a "dog fight." He'll be fine. I trust CMA and the process.
Again not talking potential
50/50/100
We could use that

Does Storr need to see the floor more- obviously- the talent is there and it needs to be developed.

Coach did not see last night as an opportunity for that, which I agreed with. Last night was a rock fight and CMA went with those he knew he could trust at this point in the young season. For how awful Wusu looked offensively last night, kid was a bull on D, and that's what last night called for.

For those scared that Storr's benching would impact his confidence, could it also work in such a way to motivate* him? Have some great practices and show out in the coming games? We have to stop thinking all these freshmen are fragile snowflakes. Maybe Storr can handle the benching- learn from it- and do what it takes to warrant* PT.
Lol at the people second guessing CMA on how he uses and develops AJ Storr yet CMA is the same guy who took a 2* Julian Champagnie and developed him into an all BE performer who led the conference in scoring. That didn't happen by accident, CMA guided Julian through that process and he will do the same with AJ because big things are in Storr for him in Queens!

Storr played like a freshman last night, not unusual. He’ll be fine in time and merits patience, glad we have him.
Not enough time to say he played like anything
Again if he had a first half like Wusu did I would totally agree
And if going on merit Wusu wouldn’t have played in 2nd half

Back