More NIL to contend with

Don't we have somekind of partnership with the Kevin Durant Group? What's up with that did they ask for a trade as well?

What I still don't understand about NIL is, I thought it was meant to create opportunities for kids to get paid for the use of their name and image in things like advertisements and video games. Instead, it just seems like kids are being handed paychecks under the guise of NIL and don't actually have to do anything.

I don't know. I see Caleb Williams all over local TV with a couple products. NIL isn't going to get folks national exposure but locally. I'm sure the smaller the market the higher the visibility.

What I still don't understand about NIL is, I thought it was meant to create opportunities for kids to get paid for the use of their name and image in things like advertisements and video games. Instead, it just seems like kids are being handed paychecks under the guise of NIL and don't actually have to do anything.
B-I-N-G-O

Don’t recall if I’ve already posted about this but I have heard that the brothers that own Walmart are Arkansas grads and are providing NIL in the millions of dollars (can’t remember if the number I heard was 3 or 30 million).
If only we had really wealthy alum who loves our basketball program and would willing to contribute millions to an NIL deal(s)

Reports that Miami has offered a Bama LBer one million dollars to transfer and he’s not even in the portal. Also reports that schools have offeeed N Carolina QB Drake Maye 5 million to transfer and he is not in the portal either. State of college sports right now and I really hope they can figure this out soon.

Reports that Miami has offered a Bama LBer one million dollars to transfer and he’s not even in the portal. Also reports that schools have offeeed N Carolina QB Drake Maye 5 million to transfer and he is not in the portal either. State of college sports right now and I really hope they can figure this out soon.
Maye could be the Heisman winner next season so I can see the interest.

LMAO, I believe that I said earlier in this thread that the NIL would lead to free agency in college sports. The NCAA has let the lion out of the cage and there is no going back now. I personally know of a couple of high school basketball players who have received $200,000.00 Nil deals to attend the college of their "choice", lol. There are also high school players with NIL deals.

The other point that is not being mentioned is that the NCAA still gets to keep the enormous profits from bowl games, NCAA basketball tourney, etc. It was a win-win situation for the NCAA, SMFH.

Two days ago I had an extended conversation with the president of an N$L at a major Big 10 school who also blames the present situation on the feckless NCAA for having been financial pigs (not his term) over the decades and he believes that long term the TV networks may be required to assist with funding N$L.

This B10 N$L president also indicated that the football coach at his school had received inquiries from 2 players who had been recruited during the 2022 cycle who wanted to transfer to his school because they had not received the N$L benefits they had been promised.

Blame the NCAA

Last edited:
LMAO, I believe that I said earlier in this thread that the NIL would lead to free agency in college sports. The NCAA has let the lion out of the cage and there is no going back now. I personally know of a couple of high school basketball players who have received $200,000.00 Nil deals to attend the college of their "choice", lol. There are also high school players with NIL deals.

The other point that is not being mentioned is that the NCAA still gets to keep the enormous profits from bowl games, NCAA basketball tourney, etc. It was a win-win situation for the NCAA, SMFH.
Panther according to the NCAA’s own web site:
The Division I College Football Playoff and bowl games are independently operated, and the NCAA does not receive revenue from these events.
College Football Playoff, which is managed by the 10 FBS conferences and Notre Dame are outside the NCAA governance structure.

Last edited:
The NCAA financed largely through the NCAA Tournament.

ACC Grant of Rights (“GOR”) expire in 2035. Here is my prediction:
Shortly before expiration of the GOR the SEC and the Big Ten will swoop in and make offers for membership to Clemson, UNC, UMiami, Florida State, and perhaps Georgia Tech (think Atlanta media rights) the financial terms of which the offerees cannot turn down thereby making the SEC and Big Ten even more dominant with a weaker ACC.

The Big Ten and SEC will thereafter cooperate with Fox or another TV network to host an a new men’s college basketball national championship tournament inviting non SEC and non Big Ten schools to participate in the alternative tournament allowing the more dominant Big Ten/ SEC to earn greater revenue.

I know she's super talented when healthy, but how much of a role does the long blonde hair play? Weird that guys are still so easily seduced by it, considering she looks like Keith Van Horn in a wig in that pic.

She's really an unbelievable player and a likely role model for young female athletes. I agree the sex appeal is not there with Buekers and, in this case, the endorsements are more a product of her ability.

That said, the Cavinder twins are a whole different story. So, I've heard.

CavTwins.jpg

I was looking on Gatorade’s website as they have Gatorade towels in the color of NFL teams and saw that besides a line of special edition Lionel Messi and Serena Williams GX bottles (surprise, surprise, the Messi ones are sold-out), they also have a line for Paige bueckers.

Back