Mike Repole Piece

Big deal we have a soda and snack machine in our facility 🤪
And Bama, from what I recall we also have modern conveniences in CA such as ??? you may ask - a men’s room with urinals, not too many urinals so we have the opportunity to stand, wait and learn patience as we hope eventually to pee etc. And as St. John’s fans God knows - and these posts show - we need patience!

Last edited:
Should be a good race watch out for any horse with a Tapit pedigree

Forte has looked great - only question mark is the extra furlong

Hope Mike R wins as he loves horse racing

Interesting that yesterdays Lauderdale paper had a story about Vincent Viola. Owns the Florida Panthers and is one of the owners of Forte. No other names are mentioned with the horse so don't know his stake in the horse. Last name made me wonder if he has NY or St John's ties.

Interesting that yesterdays Lauderdale paper had a story about Vincent Viola. Owns the Florida Panthers and is one of the owners of Forte. No other names are mentioned with the horse so don't know his stake in the horse. Last name made me wonder if he has NY or St John's ties.
Brooklyn guy. I think he still lives in NYC. West Point and New York Law. Made his fortune on the NY Mercantile Exchange.

Vinny Viola graduated West Point, then got his law degree from NYU. Net worth $1.5 billion. He also owns St. Elias Stable, racing high level horses and co-owns horses with several other high profile racing groups like Repole Racing and Win Star Racing.

Mike from Queens and Vinnie from Brooklyn are each a classic American story of success. Sons of Italian immigrants who were blue collar workers, they are self made men. I know someone who is personallly aquainted with Vinny and based on the stories he tells, Vinny is a incredible human being. I am rooting for their partnership to reap success on Saturday and will have my money on Forte's nose. This is not their first rodeo together. They had Vino Russo who won the Wood Memorial only to finish back in the Derby along with a disappointing 3 year old season; however, he came back as a 4 year old to win the Breeder's Cup Classic

Great read ahead of twilight Saturday:

Whether in business, horse racing or his other interests like St. John’s basketball, Repole knows what he wants and understands what it takes to get it. Recently, Repole shared a photograph on social media of himself and new Johnnies coach Rick Pitino, of whom he joked "I have to get him some players.”

In the old days, that would have been taboo for a booster to make inferences about paying athletes. But in the world of athletes earning money off their name, image and likeness, someone like Repole can potentially make or break a program’s recruiting efforts.

I love winning,” he said. “If you want to win in college basketball, you hire the best of the best. We’re going to have a lot of fun with him.”

Lots of chatter on social medial regarding the health of Forte tonight. Video of yesterdays last workout showed him taking a big mis step and bobble on his gallop out. More tomorrow morning.

Back