Mike Repole Piece

Not sure what Repole might do. Typically a huge university donation would be returned with a BOT appointment but with Repole there literally are major donors who would resign and withold should that happen.

All key university EMPLOYEES though welcome readily welcome and accept Repole donations, though Repole would get a chilly reception from donors he torched.

NIL seems the most logical place for Repole to restore our men's basketball but i sense he just doesn't give money away without getting something in return.

What we neec most is huge NIL and strangely Repole has been publicly quiet since the NY Posr article. I do know there is stuff in the works i can't talk about regarding NIL.

Additionally, and Otis can speak to this because he possesses an expertise and experience I don't have, I feel Repole would be more inclined to fund an NIL that is a 503c charity. I believe this is in the works for Storm Marketing and have been a strong advocate of this. Most NIL collectives are structured this way and I believe Repole would like his gifts to be tax deductible.

Possibly then, Repole would be more like to ho all in on NIL for the 24-25 season if at all.

Also, I believe Repole has sold all of his stake in Body Armor to Coca Cola and not sure if there would be interest by Coke to invest in SJU NIL.

To Paultz' very good suggestion, I've mentioned to SJU that a Michael Repole School of Entrepreneurship within Tobin would make great sense and bolster our business school with an additional major or minor.

Additionally, and Otis can speak to this because he possesses an expertise and experience I don't have, I feel Repole would be more inclined to fund an NIL that is a 503c charity. I believe this is in the works for Storm Marketing and have been a strong advocate of this. Most NIL collectives are structured this way and I believe Repole would like his gifts to be tax deductible.

Possibly then, Repole would be more like to ho all in on NIL for the 24-25 season if at all.

Also, I believe Repole has sold all of his stake in Body Armor to Coca Cola and not sure if there would be interest by Coke to invest in SJU NIL.

To Paultz' very good suggestion, I've mentioned to SJU that a Michael Repole School of Entrepreneurship within Tobin would make great sense and bolster our business school with an additional major or minor.
I like the idea of an NIL that is a 503c Charity which is something I would support. Also I would direct my Tobin donations to a MR school of Entrepreneurship. Both good suggestions Beast

This article is from September but it seems like there is a lot of controversy around 501c nil collectives.

I was thinking they could do a Body Armor sponsorship, but yeah you're right, Coke owns it now. Unfortunately that'd make any type of Body Armor deal pretty unlikely.

I like the idea of a a Repole Entrepreneurship building/major. Entrepreneurship is on the rise (I'm one myself), and a lot of teenagers are making money (or attempting to) on platforms such as YouTube, TikTok and Instagram which wasn't really the case 5 years ago. With this growing trend it'd likely make sense for the school to place a larger emphasis on entrepreneurship regardless, and if they can collaborate with the creator of Vitamin Water and Body Armor then that seems like a no-brainer. Another option could be putting his name on a sports facility, which we know St. John's will construct soon.

As for Repole, while having his name on a building/major might not make as much financial sense as doing a sponsorship through Body Armor (again, out of the question now), it's pretty clear that billionaires like having their names on things even if it doesn't result in a positive ROI. Hope it happens.

Thus far in his career as an owner, Forte is Repole's strongest horse he has brought to the Kentucky Derby. He checks all the boxes and will be a deserving favorite on May 6th to win the Roses.
Let’s hope Forte has better results than Uncle Mo at Churchill who was the also the Juvenile Breeders Cup Champion.

Let’s hope Forte has better results than Uncle Mo at Churchill who was the also the Juvenile Breeders Cup Champion.
I was a big Uncle Mo fan, but he was not headed in the right direction going into the Derby. He ran a very uninspired third as the 1 to 5 favorite in his final Derby Prep, the Wood Memorial. He was not right leading up to the Derby and was scratched the day before the race with an intestinal disorder and never ran in the Derby.

On the other hand Forte has had an excellent prep schedule and has not missed a beat in his three year old training schedule. He is currently at the head of this three year old class and has enhanced his reputation moving forward from his Breeder's Cup Juvenile win in November.

Back