Mike Repole Piece

Hope helps with negotiating leverage... if Nike even cares about us and no contract violations
Nobull is not equipped to handle college outfitting. They couldn’t handle the NFL combine and bowed out in a year or two.

Big reason that Nike and Adi rule the roost. Under Armour tried and sputtered too.

Nobull is not equipped to handle college outfitting. They couldn’t handle the NFL combine and bowed out in a year or two.

Big reason that Nike and Adi rule the roost. Under Armour tried and sputtered too.
Thanks..don't know history but seems like the exact type of competition Repole loves to attack

It's tough when you get an almost all new team every year to identify some of the players.
I think these are the ten players in the photo with Pitino from Right to Left:

Ledlum, Wilcher, Dunlap, Smith, Maker, Ejifor, Ayo, Iwuchuku, Richmond and Scott

Last edited:
Off of his excellent comeback Saratoga Jim Dandy Stakes win on July 27th Mike Repole's Fierceness will run in this Saturday's Travers Stakes at Saratoga. There he is scheduled to face Belmont Stakes and Haskell winner Dornoch and the Superstar Three year Old Filly Thorpedo Anna as well as five others in this year's running of the "Mid Summer Derby."

Off of his excellent comeback Saratoga Jim Dandy Stakes win on July 27th Mike Repole's Fierceness will run in this Saturday's Travers Stakes at Saratoga. There he is scheduled to face Belmont Stakes and Haskell winner Dornoch and the Superstar Three year Old Filly Thorpedo Anna as well as five others in this year's running of the "Mid Summer Derby."

I crossed paths with Mr. Repole at the Saratoga Yearling Auction on August 6th. He said in passing, "St. John's will be top 20 this season".

I crossed paths with Mr. Repole at the Saratoga Yearling Auction on August 6th. He said in passing, "St. John's will be top 20 this season".
Should have told him to buy us a National Championship team 😉😊😂

As excited as we all are, I'm certain most of us have a deep seated fear of the team falling short of even low bar expectations.

I don't want a Lavin or Mullin type finish where we barely squeak in and exit quickly.

One ncaa win to me is a reasonable low bar, with bigger goal of sweet 16.

Even thinking about this puts my needle in negative territory. That's what happens when you're a traumatized fan.

As excited as we all are, I'm certain most of us have a deep seated fear of the team falling short of even low bar expectations.

I don't want a Lavin or Mullin type finish where we barely squeak in and exit quickly.

One ncaa win to me is a reasonable low bar, with bigger goal of sweet 16.

Even thinking about this puts my needle in negative territory. That's what happens when you're a traumatized fan.
NCAA wins are such a crapshoot based on the matchups that you get, but I will be disappointed if we are not a top 30 team heading into the Dance .

NCAA wins are such a crapshoot based on the matchups that you get, but I will be disappointed if we are not a top 30 team heading into the Dance .
My thoughts exactly, but I’ll say top 20-25

We could be a top 10 team all season and lose in the first round, or we could be the last team in and make the elite 8. Just have a good season, don’t sweat out selection Sunday and let the chips fall with Pitino et al.

Back