Mike Repole Piece

Seems pretty clear Richmond is coming & one more (Norchad?)....or Reoole is overly confident.

I'm thinking he just spoke to soon.
He can afford things normal people can not. The new college recruiting is so disgusting and it is all about money. Not going to school and becoming a educated adult. Growing and learning. Sad that capitalism ruins so much with its greed.

Favorite Tiz the Law drew post 17, however due to scratches he would up racing from post 14 and finished second. He is the only one I am aware of, although there could have been others.
Fierceness could move as well but Repole says he doest want him to. Repole said his success was 1 in a million so these odds are nothing compared to that. Lets see what happens.

“I’m going to commit whatever it takes,” Repole told The Post in a phone interview Wednesday night. “I don’t think there’s going to be any alumni from any other Big East school that’s going to give to their alma mater more than I can. If there is, I would like to meet him. I just want to make sure everybody knows that.”
Most people don't brag about sonething until they've done it.

It's certainly Mike's money, but this reads like someone who wants attention for what he has the capability to do, not what he has already done.

I'll be the first to applaud when Mike actually gives to his school more than any other alum does.

Michael.Bloomberg donated $250 million to Johns Hopkins with less fanfare.

Ken Langone has given over $300 million to NYU in order to make their medical school tuition free.

I don't remember either bringing attention to themselves before they did it (or after for that matter).

Peoplevaround SJU aren't pissed at Francessa for not funding a memorial scholarship in his mom's name, they are pissed that he publicly said he would then did not.

William Finneran donated $22.6 million to Villanova athletics to build a new arena. That's the bar Mike set for himself, and that is likely far less than one or two sju donors have already given to the school.

Most people don't brag about sonething until they've done it.

It's certainly Mike's money, but this reads like someone who wants attention for what he has the capability to do, not what he has already done.

I'll be the first to applaud when Mike actually gives to his school more than any other alum does.

Michael.Bloomberg donated $250 million to Johns Hopkins with less fanfare.

Ken Langone has given over $300 million to NYU in order to make their medical school tuition free.

I don't remember either bringing attention to themselves before they did it (or after for that matter).

Peoplevaround SJU aren't pissed at Francessa for not funding a memorial scholarship in his mom's name, they are pissed that he publicly said he would then did not.

William Finneran donated $22.6 million to Villanova athletics to build a new arena. That's the bar Mike set for himself, and that is likely far less than one or two sju donors have already given to the school.
Lol Bloomberg and langune both literally required that the schools be renamed after themselves in return for those “gifts.” Finneran the same I’m assuming given that it’s the name of their building now. Not disagreeing with you on repole, but the idea that those guys didn’t do it for attention too is really not fair either. Whether before or after of lot of “philanthropy” is just ego stroking for rich dudes and tax breaks even though they’re getting value in return. Some do actually give anonymously (I think bezos’s ex maybe), but a lot of these rich dudes are in it for the ego stroke. You think Johns Hopkins needed the money? I think most here are expecting repole to put his money where his mouth is and will criticize him if he doesn’t.

He might not be St. John's largest donor (yet or ever), but can't knock him for not giving for things he cares about. Maybe St. John's just isn't as high on his priority list or will come over time to higher levels than he's given already. It's not that he hasn't donated to SJU overall or athletics/ NIL, just not to the levels we may have hoped given his capability.

$50M

$20M

$24M

$500K

$220K

$100K

$50K

Last edited:
Back