Mike Repole Piece

If I'm a billionaire and people are starting to get antsy about my "whatever it takes" comment, I would tell people that if I'm paying $1.5m, it's not for Roach (who I actually like and would kick ass here), but it's toward Northeast studs who could be pied pipers for the program -- like Wagner, for instance.

*But I guess not all billionaires think the same way.
Repole could drop another M to make it $2.5M for Roach like we fill up our gas tanks. Again, it’s folly to go down the “nope not worth it” road. But we will not land true national difference makers with that mindset. I know a guy looking for a simple starter home right now in good area but he refuses to pay $500k+. He wants to pay $400k and everything on his terms because it’s not worth $500k. Guess what? He’s still looking. The market sets the price and the value is what people are willing to pay. If it takes $2M or more just do it and beg Repole to win this. Could be diff between top 25 top 5 seed & missing NCAAT like Clayton last yr.

Repole could drop another M to make it $2.5M for Roach like we fill up our gas tanks. Again, it’s folly to go down the “nope not worth it” road. But we will not land true national difference makers with that mindset. I know a guy looking for a simple starter home right now in good area but he refuses to pay $500k+. He wants to pay $400k and everything on his terms because it’s not worth $500k. Guess what? He’s still looking. The market sets the price and the value is what people are willing to pay. If it takes $2M or more just do it and beg Repole to win this. Could be diff between top 25 top 5 seed & missing NCAAT like Clayton last yr.
So easy to spend other people’s money and cry boo hoo when they don’t. Me, I’ll respect him or anyone else signing the check as the only one to make that determination.

The number of people who took Repole's "whatever it takes" remark literally, as if they guy was just going to open his checkbook and say fill in a number, is really surprising. C'mon fellas.

Also, I think many people here are unaware that Kansas, Kentucky, the football schools all have MULTIPLE Mike Repoles. The goal should be (and if I'm not mistaken, CRP has said pretty much said it is) to broaden our base of money guys so we're not constantly begging one guy to pony up. Thats not fair to MR, nor is it smart to make your program that dependent on one person.

Mike Repole is a human being, not a cash register.

I hope some of you truly understand that.

“I’m going to commit whatever it takes,” Repole told The Post in a phone interview Wednesday night. “I don’t think there’s going to be any alumni from any other Big East school that’s going to give to their alma mater more than I can. If there is, I would like to meet him. I just want to make sure everybody knows that.”

“I’m going to commit whatever it takes,” Repole told The Post in a phone interview Wednesday night. “I don’t think there’s going to be any alumni from any other Big East school that’s going to give to their alma mater more than I can. If there is, I would like to meet him. I just want to make sure everybody knows that.”
Yeah…and?

I’ve apparently been promised multiple championships in every sport I care about and I’m still waiting for that.

Guess paying this guy Roach $1.51 million would make everyone happy?

The funniest thing is, this guy is a gigantic asset for the program and he’s still getting crap. On April 19th.

To those that are shaming posters about Repole... i mean... look at more of his quotes...

"“Father Shanley and Bill Janetschek and [athletic director] Mike Cragg stuck their neck out with a hire like Rick, and Rick really stuck his neck out by taking on this challenge at 71 years old,” Repole said. “And you know what? I’m just ready to make sure that most people know I’m in, I’m all in."

How else do you expect Fans to take this...

To those that are shaming posters about Repole... i mean... look at more of his quotes...

"“Father Shanley and Bill Janetschek and [athletic director] Mike Cragg stuck their neck out with a hire like Rick, and Rick really stuck his neck out by taking on this challenge at 71 years old,” Repole said. “And you know what? I’m just ready to make sure that most people know I’m in, I’m all in."

How else do you expect Fans to take this...
That’s it. Close the store. We’re done. He sucks.

Got it.

I’m done with this mindset. Have fun arguing about some guy Roach no one cared about 4 days ago.

Yeah…and?

I’ve apparently been promised multiple championships in every sport I care about and I’m still waiting for that.

The funniest thing is, this guy is a gigantic asset for the program and he’s still getting crap. On April 19th.
Us being able to land Roach and pay him top dollar would absolutely make me happy.

agree... and i believe that what is happening behind the scenes...

All i am saying- his statements from the article certainly paint a picture of his being completely willing to spend the $$$ needed
And Repole worth being over a billion dollars makes his rhetoric have weight to it. Him paying Roach that Trilly # would be 0.1% of his actual net worth. That's right, less than 1%.

I said it in another thread but it isn't fair to knock Repole/feel totally doom & gloom about our NIL situation right now because the fact that we kept the core four is probably the best indicator that we're in a good spot. It's always a major red flag if you lose guys you want to keep due to money.

Roach - yes- i would be extremely happy lol

Please don't confuse bringing his own statements up as giving him "crap"... It's highlighting the fact that NIL shouldn't be as big an issue based on his own words...

A kid might not like living on Union and Utopia...i respect that, that's fine...I just didn't think $ would be an issue this recruiting cycle based on what was said.

Repole uses hundred dollar bills as TP...

You all want players hit Cosco and buy 10 cases of vitamin water.

Back