Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Where do you get 6 wins with the remaining sched? Especially the way we barely beat Gtown at home. I'll give you 1 tonight.
4 ranked teams + Creighton who is playing as good as anyone. In all honestly you can look at that and think we will win 5 of those?
I'm not sure that they will beat both Gtown & Depaul on the road. Can totally see them losing one of them.

@ 16 Xavier (L)
@ Butler (W???)
vs 17 Providence (W)
@ DePaul (W)
vs Creighton (L)
@ Georgetown (W)
vs 24 UConn (L)
@ 14 Marquette (L)
I believe what Andrew is saying here is that we already have 4 wins and two more will get us to six. We have an opportunity to win two of three on the road against Butler, Georgetown and DePaul. If we lose two of three there, then we would need to win a home game somewhere or upset Marquette or Xavier on the road to get to six and keep CMA's streak on no losing seasons alive.

I believe what Andrew is saying here is that we already have 4 wins and two more will get us to six. We have an opportunity to win two of three on the road against Butler, Georgetown and DePaul. If we lose two of three there, then we would need to win a home game somewhere or upset Marquette or Xavier on the road to get to six.

“Win more games”this season to get to the competitive level CMA, Cragg and more importantly Father Shanley expected seems a clear marker. Btw, nice job by the Torch.

Where do you get 6 wins with the remaining sched? Especially the way we barely beat Gtown at home. I'll give you 1 tonight.
4 ranked teams + Creighton who is playing as good as anyone. In all honestly you can look at that and think we will win 5 of those?
I'm not sure that they will beat both Gtown & Depaul on the road. Can totally see them losing one of them.

@ 16 Xavier (L)
@ Butler (W???)
vs 17 Providence (W)
@ DePaul (W)
vs Creighton (L)
@ Georgetown (W)
vs 24 UConn (L)
@ 14 Marquette (L)
In total, sadly, is what he was talking about I think

What is clear from Cragg's comments to Zach and Fr. Shanley to The Torch is that both are publicly going to support Coach as they should.

But it is clear that neither one is committing to him beyond this season. So he needs a major finish. What kind of finish is the big question? I think 8 or fewer league wins he is gone. 9 or 10 depends. More than 10 he comes back.

@ 16 Xavier (L)
@ Butler (W???)
vs 17 Providence (W)
@ DePaul (W)
vs Creighton (L)
@ Georgetown (W)
vs 24 UConn (L)
@ 14 Marquette (L)
He needs 6 total Big East wins. That would make them 16-15 and 6-14 as they go into the Big East tournament.

He needs 6 total Big East wins. That would make them 16-15 and 6-14 as they go into the Big East tournament.
As meaningless as that stat was before it is even less so now.

A winning record will not save him. He needs to get SJU at least in the NCAA discussion which would require probably a minimum 10 league wins.

And I don't see it. First they have to win the 4 games against the current non NCAA teams left. SHU, Gtown, Butler and DePaul. That gets you to 8. And I am not convinced they win all 4. Then you play the 5 best teams UCONN, Marquette, Creighton, Xavier and Providence winning a minimum of 2 of those.

Possible? Yeah. Likely? No.

At a minimum it has to start tonight. Have to beat SHU. Or that the possibility of the above scenario goes to basically zero.

A winning record will not save him. He needs to get SJU at least in the NCAA discussion which would require probably a minimum 10 league wins.

And I don't see it. First they have to win the 4 games against the current non NCAA teams left. SHU, Gtown, Butler and DePaul. That gets you to 8. And I am not convinced they win all 4. Then you play the 5 best teams UCONN, Marquette, Creighton, Xavier and Providence winning a minimum of 2 of those.

At a minimum it has to start tonight. Have to beat SHU. Or that the possibility of the above scenario goes to basically zero.
Spot on Fordham

Just to be clear, I don't think it means anything but it does to CMA.

Mike would lose coaching the lions v outmanned christians in Ancient Rome
They used to say about the legendary coach Paul Bear Bryant that he could take hisin and beat yourin and take yourin and beat hisin. Well I think the opposite is true of CMA-he can take hisin and lose to yourin and take yourin and lose to hisin.

Back