Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Pure speculation on my part, but could see Van being very happy to get a year or two's experience working with one of the all time best college basketball coaches. He'll almost certainly get his chance to run a team a few years down the road.
How about Van getting the Iona job?

It would have been greater if Rawhide knew how to pronounce Coach’s name.
Now , now Louie kept calling him Regan . But , these over sights are harmless . After all, CMA first presser called us St James University . Reagan should have just called him “ Louie”

Surprised to see so many of us are acting like Pitino's coming here is a done deal. It's not, and I'm afraid we may be setting ourselves up for huge disappointment.
Bursting a Balloon is dangerous to this Boards Mental Health . Aren’t there enough signs that take Pitino’s coming here as pretty well set ? Of course , many of us remember the day Lew Alcindor at the time , announced for UCLA .,

Agree, Zach is a total Asshole for asking a young man who jusst lost a heartbreaking game, what are his future plans. Reporter pretending to be a Columnist. As for those on here saying Posh, Storr, and Soriano can follow Coach Anderson out the soor, no words for y'all. These young men showed loyalty to the coach who recruited them and help them grow on and off the court, have no idea why that is a problem for some. SMFH!!!
Soriano & Storr are the ones who threatened to leave. No doubt I'd rather them stay, Soriano was a beast, and Storr is only going to get better.
Oh the other hand I won't cry and freak out if they choose to leave.

Again I'd rather them stay and rock NYC/MSG with Rick leading the way, their choice.

Sell out or almost sellout minimum 3 msg games next year. Providence Nova UConn heck if GT makes a great hire maybe 4
sellout minimum 3 games? That would be a disgrace, all MSG games must be soldout including those 9pm weekday games, no excuses.

The old timers are retired so even if they get home at 12:30-1am, you can sleep until you feel like getting up.
People gotta wake up at 7am? Ahhh be a man and just do it, would be me getting home at 5am after drinking and waking up at 8am to go to work (i know you did that in your younger days lol), coffee is the medicine.

St. John's has parted ways with Head Coach Mike Anderson, I was joined by Roger Rubin of Newsday to discuss the firing, the head coaching search process over the years in Queens, and the potential of Rick Pitino.

Dave--great interview (as always) and highly recommended. Thoroughly enjoyed Roger Rubin's assessment. His comments about the value to SJU/Big East and the upcoming Fox negotiations was very enlightning. Keep up the good work!

I see the Arkansas State coach is on the hot seat and then I looked up his salary: $375K.

Probably not a landing spot for CMA, but who knows...

At JSJ bbq
sellout minimum 3 games? That would be a disgrace, all MSG games must be soldout including those 9pm weekday games, no excuses.

The old timers are retired so even if they get home at 12:30-1am, you can sleep until you feel like getting up.
People gotta wake up at 7am? Ahhh be a man and just do it, would be me getting home at 5am after drinking and waking up at 8am to go to work (i know you did that in your younger days lol), coffee is the medicine.
Those days are long gone for me. :)

I see the Arkansas State coach is on the hot seat and then I looked up his salary: $375K.

Probably not a landing spot for CMA, but who knows...
He doesn't need the $$$. He's got an extra $10 mil in his pocket. ;)

Yup remember it Plansky I think hit a 3 late to tie it. Everyone thought SJU needed that to get in Tourney and so it was really disappointing. They snuck in as an 11 seed. Played Florida at 11:30 on CBS in Salt Lake City 6/11 game. I remember I taped the game and watched after school the following Friday and they lost on a late Vernon Maxwell 3.
I believe it was on St. Patrick's Day 1988, I was visiting a friend at Ft.Sill in Lawton OK. Watched the game at a bar and I was the only glum person in a night of revelry.

7a.m.? Is someone working half days? 😴🥱😴

Back