Mets 2024 Season

Lindor with a big night finally. Homer from the left side. I have 100% confidence in him the next 3 seasons.

Francisco Alvarez looks like he will be out a while😕. Hoping for good news on that thumb, but it looks bad.

If it’s truly “just” a sprain that’s actually good news. I am still worried they might find ligament damage or something bad. Keep fingers crossed I guess but injuries happen every year to every team. Next man up.

The one thing that’s been noticeable about the “juggernaut “ teams (Braves and Dodgers) and gives me hope is that they have pitching issues. I mean the Dodgers lineup 1-5 is loaded. The Braves are loaded all the way through. But pitching? Not so much. Early of course but that gives me some hope.

If it’s truly “just” a sprain that’s actually good news. I am still worried they might find ligament damage or something bad. Keep fingers crossed I guess but injuries happen every year to every team. Next man up.

The one thing that’s been noticeable about the “juggernaut “ teams (Braves and Dodgers) and gives me hope is that they have pitching issues. I mean the Dodgers lineup 1-5 is loaded. The Braves are loaded all the way through. But pitching? Not so much. Early of course but that gives me some hope.
Nice that we're doing all of this without JD Martinez, David Peterson and Kodai Senga, not to mention Lindor's struggles

Too early to hope, too early for anything but just to play and pick your head up in a few months……….

A sprain IS ligament damage - swelling and black and blue is a result of mild to moderate tears to ligaments. His young age will help speed healing, but it may take longer for him to catch since his left thumb has to help catch 95 mph fastballs

Too early to hope, too early for anything but just to play and pick your head up in a few months……….
True but I’d rather not pick my head up in a few months and be 10 games back of a WC and 15 back of the Division. 0-5 can make you think that way…however irrational.

True but I’d rather not pick my head up in a few months and be 10 games back of a WC and 15 back of the Division. 0-5 can make you think that way…however irrational.
I was being somewhat tongue in cheek, baseball is just such a long season as we all know. Mets already have hit both extremes, hot and cold, and haven’t even played 20 games yet.

Terrible non-move by Mendoza, up 5-4 top 7, one out 2nd and 3rd with Stewart on 3rd, he didn’t pinch run for Stewart and they got “Vogelbacked” when they had to hold him on a ball Baty hit to right plenty deep enough to score. Had 2nd and 3rd nobody out and didn’t score.

unbelievable--another winand the bull pen did a wonderful job. Garrett another 3 up-3 struck down.

Dodgers look like money invested in 2 players and forgot about their bullpen and the bottom of their lineup
So, knocked Mendoza above but kudos to him for closing the rally in the 8th with Diaz and giving Garrett the 9th. Guy has been unhittable, so ride him and find out if this is what he is now.

Ecstatic about the win. Thrilled to be 12-8 after 0-5. However, the walk a thon cannot continue. You won’t win many games when you walk 10+ batters. That part is ridiculous and Hefner needs to start pushing for more “strike” throwing. It’s unacceptable at any level of baseball.

If we are getting the 2022 version of Marte and we get even 85% of what JD Martinez did last year it might be time to recalibrate expectations a bit.

Back