@Marquette, Sat., Mar. 4, 2p, FOX

Saturday at 2:00 PM, I should be joining MJMaherJr at Costco watching the rotisserie chicken and eating free samples at the free sample tables.

Instead, I'll be watching Fox Sports and hoping for a miracle. Let's somehow pull out a victory against a team which already clinched the regular season title and may be looking passed us. I also believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

I'll be at MSG Wednesday figuring if we beat a very beatable Butler team, that the Golden Eagles better watch out for the Johnnies at Noon on Thursday. Hopes and dreams, people, hopes and dreams.
I don't think CMA is going to run anything special on Saturday knowing that Marquette will be the opponent next week if we squeak by Butler. Then CMA is going to unleash all the plays he has been saving this season and we will be in the Big East Semifinals. Then I woke up.

Saturday at 2:00 PM, I should be joining MJMaherJr at Costco watching the rotisserie chicken and eating free samples at the free sample tables.

Instead, I'll be watching Fox Sports and hoping for a miracle. Let's somehow pull out a victory against a team which already clinched the regular season title and may be looking passed us. I also believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

I'll be at MSG Wednesday figuring if we beat a very beatable Butler team, that the Golden Eagles better watch out for the Johnnies at Noon on Thursday. Hopes and dreams, people, hopes and dreams.
The Butler board is probably calling us a very beatable team...

I won’t be watching the game at all since I can’t root for this team to win as I don’t trust Cragg and Shanley to do the right thing and believe they will find any excuse to keep Anderson on.

He didn't deserve to be fired mid season, he deserved to be fired long before that.

It would have been hard to fire him after his last NCAA but the next season he was 15-12, 7-9 going into the BET. If they had lost int he BET first round he was out. Instead Hatten willed them to victory against a ranked ND team and then an NIT Title. I'll never forgive Marcus even if he was one of my faves, but combine the regular sesason with the adversarial relationship between Jarvis and the admin and he still should have been fired. Yes I know I repeat this ad nauseum but this and the hire of Mullin were two times where I think I was actually right about something without hindsight.

Last edited:
It would have been hard to fire him after his last NCAA but the next season he was 15-12, 7-9 going into the BET. If they had lost int he BET first round he was out. Instead Hatten willed them to victory against a ranked ND team and then an NIT Title. I'll never forgive Marcus even if he was one of my faves, but combine the regular sesason with the adversarial relationship between Jarvis and the admin and he still should have been fired. Yes I know I repeat this ad nauseum but this and the hire of Mullin were two times where I think I was actually right about something without hindsight.
One of my accounts in Philly, who was a huge Temple booster, told me just before the jarvii hiring that he was a shady character, at best. He was spot on.

Cmon you're the analytics guy around here. You should be the one helping to end these outdated boomer ideas. Guys like Tim Brando think momentum is a real thing.
I don’t have an argument for you about it being unquantifiable. Analytics are a great tool. Especially when they’re not the only tool.

At its most basic point, basketball is about feeling good (confidence). You may disagree. You may also think that’s a chicken or egg scenario. I know if I could rather have my team coming off two victories or off two defeats heading into a big game, I’d take the former every time. Plus since the ncaa tourney expanded to 64 teams, a team has never won a championship without winning 6 games in a row. How’s that for momentum 🤣

Get him on the phone for me and I will. Injuries happen he got hurt in a BE T Game should he not have played?
All I was originally saying was if they are up 20 points with 10 mins to go I would think most of their key players will be on the bench.

Back