@Marquette, Sat., Mar. 4, 2p, FOX

My response was to a post that said Anderson has not accepted resposibilities for his shortcomings. The oost made it sound like Anderson should agree with all the shortcomings listed in your post. Those shortcomings are your opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Anderson.

I agree with # 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, but that is my opinion, and again not necessarily Anderson's opinion. You may list more if you like. I will probably agree with you. As I have posted previously, I blame the coach and players equally for our lousy season.

Player shortcoming:
1. Can't shoot from 3 or mid-range jump shots.
2. Drive to the basket with their heads down and wind up not knowing where the defense is as the arrive for their shot.
3. Play horrible team defense.
4. Can't keep man in front of them in half-court defense.
5. Cheat too much on defense leading to easy baskets by opponents
6. Lose sight of their man leading to too many back door baskets by opponents.
7. Don't box out on defensive boards.
8. Consistently throw lazy passes.
9. Too much one on one hero ball.
10. Have extremely low basketball IQ's.
Do you really want me to continue? Is that not enough team/player shortcomings. Should the coach be held responsible for correcting these shortcomings? Sure, but up to a point.

And yes your opinion is in the majority, but that doesn't make it right.
Al I have no desire to be argumentative but I read and reread your list of 10 points and the first nine are correctable via coaching, obviously not the 10th. If you have a low Bball iq you have a low Bball iq , it’s not your fault. But everything else was correctable.
As for the hero ball nothing is easier to correct.
As an example this year my sons roommate is a fifth year transfer from Monmouth College. In Canada you can play 5 years so schools look for Canadian kids who have completed their four years of eligibility in the US and want to do a Masters Degree. Samuel was hurt the beginning of the season and did not play until the 3 rd or 4th game of the season while my son started at the point. He came off the bench the first game he played and got progressively better each quarter. In the 4th quarter he was practically scoring at will and brought McGill within 1 point and McGill had the ball with 20 seconds left. Instead of using the screens that were set for him to drive to the basket and at least get fouled he called off the screens and took an off balance 3 point shot. Unfortunately the ball did not go in and McGill lost. Their coach is very calm and polite but when they got to the dressing room he went ballistic. My son was shocked. Samuel did not start for another few games, though he is much better than my son. However he clearly got the messsge. He finished second in the league in scoring and was a first team all star. He was held accountable for his behaviour and there was zero hero ball on the team from that game forward.
As for your points 1-8 those are all correctable with proper coaching. I enjoyed yesterdays high scoring affair but I would much rather us get stops and play good hard nose D and win rather than have teams consistently score 90 points against us. I just find that flat out embarrassing.

I'm sorry but this post is almost laughable. As far as I can see, these kids give their all, every game. They almost won on the road vs the #6 team in the country despite all your counting points above. And they are KIDS. Who I might added were recruited by a coach who is getting paid 2.5 million a year to coach them up to be successful. The coach has failed in achieving your 1-10 with the kids HE recruited. And if the coach making 2.5 million recruited kids who aren't very good, what does that say about the coach??
My interpretation is he HAS recruited kids who could be a top BE team, his coaching just stinks.

Old lady at the liquor store’s response in college when I asked her if she had anything cheaper than Nikolai vodka was “Honey if it were any cheaper it would burn through the bottle”. Guess ive never been one who needed to enjoy the finer spirits 😄
So I don’t have to worry that if you ever come to Montreal and I invite you over I won’t have to open a St. Emilion Grand Cru bottle.
Now if it was Ohio Fan, Fun, Monte or Mike Maher that would be a completely different story. 😂

So I don’t have to worry that if you ever come to Montreal and I invite you over I won’t have to open a St. Emilion Grand Cru bottle.
Now if it was Ohio Fan, Fun, Monte or Mike Maher that would be a completely different story. 😂

I can't drink bourbon (goes back 40 years) but would appreciate any high-end scotch or Irish whiskey or even a fine grappa if you have Cuban cigars available and some espresso after dinner. :coffee:

Considering Nikolai might be a controlled substance in over half the world and probably get confiscated at the boarder, I’ll have to settle for whatever the 5 of you cant finish. If that’s such a thing..

I can't drink bourbon (goes back 40 years) but would appreciate any high-end scotch or Irish whiskey or even a fine grappa if you have Cuban cigars available and some espresso after dinner. :coffee:
I have it all and of course the Cuban cigars which are legal in Canada. Make your request a few days in advance is all I ask.😂

Stock up, I'll be staying at your house for an indefinite period. Remember "Christmas Vacation", but I won't need dog food.
Tyler Kolek is BE player of year . From Rhode Island . Went to Geo Mason first and then transferred to Marquette . Wonder how Cooley missed recruiting him ? I guess sometimes it happens but , Kolek has such Game it’s hard to believe it just suddenly appeared .

Back