@Marquette, Sat., Mar. 4, 2p, FOX

We are all very passionate fans here. I dont see how us asking for the coach to accept accountability for his shortcomings is a "mob mentality".
It is not yours or anyone on this boards right to evaluate the accountability that this coach has accepted or not accepted for his shortcomings, because you don't know his shortcomings and you don't know what accountability he has or has not accepted. Being passionate fans is not an excuse for acting with a mob mentality.

It is not yours or anyone on this boards right to evaluate the accountability that this coach has accepted or not accepted for his shortcomings, because you don't know his shortcomings and you don't know what accountability he has or has not accepted. Being passionate fans is not an excuse for acting with a mob mentality.
It is our right as fans to post about what we see, hear, think and opine on in respect of the program, provided it is done within the forum rules, which by far the majority of posters comply with.
The coach was interviewed following the Marquette game and his response was ridiculous at best. He totally ignored our horrible porous defence which gave up 96 points , 53 of which came on the second half when we were in the game. He failed to mention that our défense lost the game for us. Typically when you score 94 points in college you come out on top. When you fail to address the issue often it is due to a lack of accountability.
As for his shortcomings where do we start Al :
1 Horrible défense
2 Horrible substitutions
3 Lack of player accountability
4 No half court offence
5 Average recruiting at best
6 Terrible defence of the 3 point shot
7 Complete mismanagement of Posh and Curbelo
8 Embarrassing advice given to players when the microphone was live, totally embarrassing, it pointed out the height of incompetence for many to see
9 Poor use of key personnel throughout the season
10 Terrible use of time outs and clock management
Do you really want me to continue Al ? Is that not enough in terms of shortcomings for a coach who played the game and following has been coaching for 40-41 years ?
And as I said earlier today I do not believe the board acts with a mob mentality, and that contrary to what our resident psychologist Fuschia, whom I have the greatest of respect for, has said. A few members may but certainly not the majority.

Last edited:
It is our right as fans to post about what we see, hear, think and opine on in respect of the program, provided it is done within the forum rules, which by far the majority of posters comply with.
The coach was interviewed following the Marquette game and his response was ridiculous at best. He totally ignored our horrible porous defence which gave up 96 points , 53 of which came on the second half when we were in the game. He failed to mention that our défense lost the game for us. Typically when you score 94 points in college you come out on top. When you fail to address the issue often it is due to a lack of accountability.
1 Horrible défense
2 Horrible substitutions
4 No half court offence
8 Embarrassing advice given to players when the Mike was live, totally embarrassing, it pointed out the height of incompetence for many to see
Do you really want me to continue Al ? Is that not enough in terms of shortcomings for a coach who played the game and following has been coaching for 40-41 years ?
And as I said earlier today I do not believe the board acts with a mob mentality, and that contrary to what our resident psychologist Fuschia, whom I have the greatest of respect for, has said. A few members may but certainly not the majority.
Great post, rmn. For anyone who says that we can’t see Anderson’s shortcomings, I would say “There is none so blind as he who will not see.”

I sense Jones does not return
The real shame of this is that Jones was (maybe still is) one of the most talented players on the team with Storr. Anderson’s lack of coaching, structure and direction destroyed the kid’s confidence. With a quality coaching staff, I could easily see Jones as an All Big East selection.

If we get lucky and Cragg and the school don’t fumble through another coaching search, perhaps he’ll be convinced to stay by the next coach.

some years it will work out? Not a single NCAA Tournament win in 23 years.
That's really hard for me to say: "some years it will work out."
Outside of us diehards, with 23 years of no tourney wins, there’s an entire generation of hoop followers that think the program is garbage. Are they wrong? We need a drastic change fast.

What do you want him to say??? They went into a hostile environment and lost by a free throw to the #6 team in the country. *No one* was expecting that.
I was a total supporter of this coach until the middle of this year. He's lost. He has no clue. Most of the posters on here could do a better job. My comment was in reference to his nonchalant comment that not only disrespected his players, but also disrespected the staff, school and the fan base. That was an awful thing to say. He could have praised the effort of his players and staff. He could have given kudos to individual efforts. Instead he says "Close but no cigar." Really??? I'm not part of any "Mob Mentality". I'm a 50 year fan who is upset because he dissed everyone with that comment.

To address the "Mob Mentality" a couple of old sayings are in order: (1) as per Bum Phillips--There are 2 kinds of coaches, Them that;s fired and them that's gonna be fired"; and (2) as Harry Truman said "The Buck Stops Here".

The guy at the top has the responsibility for what happens and no one else and if he doesn't have success, he's gonna be fired. It is time! Gotta do it quick and get a replacement in to cut down on transfers. I would not be surprised if most jump into the transfer portal to have alternatives vis-a-vis new coach,

It is not yours or anyone on this boards right to evaluate the accountability that this coach has accepted or not accepted for his shortcomings, because you don't know his shortcomings
3 years consecutive worse big east conference records a horrible out of conference strength of schedule and horrible ranking all sound like shortcomings to me that anyone can use to evaluate

1 Horrible défense
2 Horrible substitutions
4 No half court offence
8 Embarrassing advice given to players when the microphone was live, totally embarrassing, it pointed out the height of incompetence for many to see
My response was to a post that said Anderson has not accepted resposibilities for his shortcomings. The oost made it sound like Anderson should agree with all the shortcomings listed in your post. Those shortcomings are your opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Anderson.

I agree with # 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, but that is my opinion, and again not necessarily Anderson's opinion. You may list more if you like. I will probably agree with you. As I have posted previously, I blame the coach and players equally for our lousy season.

Player shortcoming:
1. Can't shoot from 3 or mid-range jump shots.
2. Drive to the basket with their heads down and wind up not knowing where the defense is as the arrive for their shot.
3. Play horrible team defense.
4. Can't keep man in front of them in half-court defense.
5. Cheat too much on defense leading to easy baskets by opponents
6. Lose sight of their man leading to too many back door baskets by opponents.
7. Don't box out on defensive boards.
8. Consistently throw lazy passes.
9. Too much one on one hero ball.
10. Have extremely low basketball IQ's.
Do you really want me to continue? Is that not enough team/player shortcomings. Should the coach be held responsible for correcting these shortcomings? Sure, but up to a point.

And yes your opinion is in the majority, but that doesn't make it right.

My response was to a post that said Anderson has not accepted resposibilities for his shortcomings. The oost made it sound like Anderson should agree with all the shortcomings listed in your post. Those shortcomings are your opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Anderson.

I agree with # 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, but that is my opinion, and again not necessarily Anderson's opinion. You may list more if you like. I will probably agree with you. As I have posted previously, I blame the coach and players equally for our lousy season.

Player shortcoming:
1. Can't shoot from 3 or mid-range jump shots.
2. Drive to the basket with their heads down and wind up not knowing where the defense is as the arrive for their shot.
3. Play horrible team defense.
4. Can't keep man in front of them in half-court defense.
5. Cheat too much on defense leading to easy baskets by opponents
6. Lose sight of their man leading to too many back door baskets by opponents.
7. Don't box out on defensive boards.
8. Consistently throw lazy passes.
9. Too much one on one hero ball.
10. Have extremely low basketball IQ's.
Do you really want me to continue? Is that not enough team/player shortcomings. Should the coach be held responsible for correcting these shortcomings? Sure, but up to a point.

And yes your opinion is in the majority, but that doesn't make it right.

I'm sorry but this post is almost laughable. As far as I can see, these kids give their all, every game. They almost won on the road vs the #6 team in the country despite all your counting points above. And they are KIDS. Who I might added were recruited by a coach who is getting paid 2.5 million a year to coach them up to be successful. The coach has failed in achieving your 1-10 with the kids HE recruited. And if the coach making 2.5 million recruited kids who aren't very good, what does that say about the coach??

I'm sorry but this post is almost laughable. As far as I can see, these kids give their all, every game. They almost won on the road vs the #6 team in the country despite all your counting points above. And they are KIDS. Who I might added were recruited by a coach who is getting paid 2.5 million a year to coach them up to be successful. The coach has failed in achieving your 1-10 with the kids HE recruited. And if the coach making 2.5 million recruited kids who aren't very good, what does that say about the coach??
Bingo!

1 Horrible défense
2 Horrible substitutions
4 No half court offence
She who must be obeyed is the psychologist, not me. I have lots of basketball questions not unlike many of those you asked. The board is not mob-like, but several posters seem to revel in doomsaying and negativity, for its own sake, and they are endlessly repetitive. My only two cents about coaches are that Steve Lavin teams always seemed to be less than the sum of their parts, or he was truly cursed, with a key glue player getting injured going in to the tournament, both at UCLA and here.

Back