Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

I missed the initial picture. Good thing, or I would have thought we opened a one time 30 minute free for all.

Because, well, I have a few political items on my trigger finger ready to fire away that are completely 180 degrees. 😇
Trust me...you are NOT the only one!

It will be close but we will get the W. As for "must-wins"- if we can knock off 2 out of 4 -Villanova, UConn, SHU and Crieghton round 2 and beat who we are supposed to beat (DePaul and Georgetown), we will be fine. Also if we make a run in Big East Tournament that off-sets some unfortunate losses.
If the team doesn’t improve, I don’t see them team beating Butller,Xavier or Providence on the road. Hopefully they come together sooner than later.

IMHO, in the immortal words of Dennis Green, "they are who we thought they were."

The team has shown that they can (a) beat up on lesser BE teams at home; (b) play tough but lose to better BE teams on the road; (c) maybe pick up a road win against an equivalent team that doesn't show up; and (d) get blown out on the road against better teams if they don't show up.

That keeps them on track to win around 18-19 games and be a potential bubble team. But included in that is a win someplace against a better team. Let's see if they can rebound and do that on Saturday, and perhaps change their narrative a bit.

IMHO, in the immortal words of Dennis Green, "they are who we thought they were."

The team has shown that they can (a) beat up on lesser BE teams at home; (b) play tough but lose to better BE teams on the road; (c) maybe pick up a road win against an equivalent team that doesn't show up; and (d) get blown out on the road against better teams if they don't show up.

That keeps them on track to win around 18-19 games and be a potential bubble team. But included in that is a win someplace against a better team. Let's see if they can rebound and do that on Saturday, and perhaps change their narrative a bit.
In fairness, (e) should be: beat a top 25 team on a neutral court. Since they did beat Utah (a top 25 team by NET/KenPom) on a neutral court as well.

Is it know whether Coach Pitino will be on the sidelines for the Marquette game ?

Nice to see them doing this. Doesn't look like they did the shorts as exact as it doesn't have the buildings outline.

Hopefully they can do the Jordan uni's next. Those were outstanding.

Attachments

• st-johns-philipe-lopez-november-28-1994-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
    st-johns-philipe-lopez-november-28-1994-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 9
  • images (7).jpeg
    images (7).jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back