Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

Take the Johnnies plus the points, bet on the idea that more players were sick than we knew and the line will adjust as if the SHU game was a fair representation

Who knows who else was sick or feeling the effects last night... or who might miss / feel worse come Saturday.... Get a couple ugly losses out of the way before Feb/March.

It's a rare position we were in, being talked about not "on the bubble" - but securely in the "Field" - receiving votes at this point in our season. Made last night even more perplexing... esp given Jenkins comments following Creighton/ Rick spending individual time with each kid on the plane home (probably got them sick lol)... would have though they would have shown a bit of tenacity... complete opposite.

Marquette is a real good team, let's not kid ourselves... this was going to be a tough one to win even at full strength...

Ending January 5-5 in BE play... season isn't lost... lot of games left.
Look at our schedule we can finish by running the table very realistically

I missed the initial picture. Good thing, or I would have thought we opened a one time 30 minute free for all.

Because, well, I have a few political items on my trigger finger ready to fire away that are completely 180 degrees. 😇
The initial picture was exactly the same, but was named after a former president.

M’Q not a good road team and knowing how unpredictable BE is, I’ll go out on a limb expecting this to be a close one in spite of wood shed beating v SH.

I'd really like to see us start Saturday's game with Taylor on Kam Jones and Jenkins on Kolek. Need to get off to a good start. Marquette is a poor rebounding team. Maybe start Luis & Taylor up front and bring Chris off the bench for this one?

I'd really like to see us start Saturday's game with Taylor on Kam Jones and Jenkins on Kolek. Need to get off to a good start. Marquette is a poor rebounding team. Maybe start Luis & Taylor up front and bring Chris off the bench for this one?
Agree on both defensive assignments noted. Kolek is Kolek, but Jones really is a good one, explosive.

Marquette was going to be a tough game , even with a full and healthy team.
And , can’t discount the Pitino factor . He’s one of those Coaches whose very presence lifts the quality of play . They are few and far between .

So , if we are missing any more Players due to Covid and Rick is unable to Coach , our chances fall substantially . It’s a tough pill to swallow but , injuries , illness , etc are all part of things that can happen at any time in BB .

I know it’s early to think about next year but , maybe it’s not . We have Glover , the Greek kid and who else coming in as freshman ? So far .

The Portal will likely have a number of prospects we will be interested in .

Tennessee scored a major player this year in Dalton Knecht , who just scored 39 points for a career best . Knecht transferred from Northern Colorado . Rick Barnes has built quite a team for the Vols . He’s definitely a HOF candidate Coach . He’s won everywhere but , no NCAA titles . Yet .

Knecht is the type of Player to be recruited from the Portal . Good shooter , Scorer. Athlete . We will need some high quality players next year to replace all the 5 th year Seniors .

It will be close but we will get the W. As for "must-wins"- if we can knock off 2 out of 4 -Villanova, UConn, SHU and Crieghton round 2 and beat who we are supposed to beat (DePaul and Georgetown), we will be fine. Also if we make a run in Big East Tournament that off-sets some unfortunate losses.

Marquette was going to be a tough game , even with a full and healthy team.
And , can’t discount the Pitino factor . He’s one of those Coaches whose very presence lifts the quality of play . They are few and far between .

So , if we are missing any more Players due to Covid and Rick is unable to Coach , our chances fall substantially . It’s a tough pill to swallow but , injuries , illness , etc are all part of things that can happen at any time in BB .

I know it’s early to think about next year but , maybe it’s not . We have Glover , the Greek kid and who else coming in as freshman ? So far .

The Portal will likely have a number of prospects we will be interested in .

Tennessee scored a major player this year in Dalton Knecht , who just scored 39 points for a career best . Knecht transferred from Northern Colorado . Rick Barnes has built quite a team for the Vols . He’s definitely a HOF candidate Coach . He’s won everywhere but , no NCAA titles . Yet .

Knecht is the type of Player to be recruited from the Portal . Good shooter , Scorer. Athlete . We will need some high quality players next year to replace all the 5 th year Seniors .
Knecht is a first round pick if he decides to go

Knecht is a first round pick if he decides to go
You think Kalkenbrenner and Schierman , Alexander are NBA players ?
I ask because Rafferty interviewed Clingan last night after the UCONN game and he gave those props to those 3 Creighton players .

I’m unsure about any of them but , who knows ?

I still think we’re in good shape when it comes to overall season. I’ll play the game of picking W’s we all love lol.
Currently 4-3
DePaul/Gtown=Sweep 4 Games
Rest of schedule=4-5

Entering the Big East Tourney 20-11 (12-8)

I really feel like we’re an 8/9 Seed this year

Back