Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

Apologies wasn't sure where to post. Was bored and looking back on old recruiting threads archived on here from when I wasn't as active. What was the story with Jevon Thomas who Lavin got a verbal from for 2012 before he de-committee? I never feel like he's brought up around here but seemed like alot of excitement based on that thread.

Good to see G. Williams and Earlington join the 1000 point club.

They join LJ Figueroa, * Mikey Dixon, Malik Ellison, Tyshawn Edmundson, Larry Wright, Cedric Jackson, Elijah Ingram, Shannon Crooks and Roshown McLeod as former SJU players passing the D1 1000 point club in another uniform.

* Started career at Quinnipiac

Good to see G. Williams and Earlington join the 1000 point club.

They join LJ Figueroa, * Mikey Dixon, Malik Ellison, Tyshawn Edmundson, Larry Wright, Cedric Jackson, Elijah Ingram, Shannon Crooks and Roshown McLeod as former SJU players passing the D1 1000 point club in another uniform.

* Started career at Quinnipiac
Just like some coaches, we run players out of town too quickly!

Love to hear Josh is having a big senior year. Three kids who came in as freshman together, were all easy to root for and all finishing their college careers strong!
I think it does reinforce the idea that we haven't been recruiting players for this level. I know some think that that is muted from what it was in years past, but I do think players have to find the right level to maximize their potential. Many of these players when here were said to be "not BE caliber" which may or may not have been true. But it is obvious that many have excelled far beyond what they might have here, so it says that we need to somehow reach higher.

Love to hear Josh is having a big senior year. Three kids who came in as freshman together, were all easy to root for and all finishing their college careers strong!
Yes, Williams , Earlington and Roberts who were Mullin recruits , along with Figgy all left the CMA team after 1 or 2 years . Figgy never liked playing for Anderson and it was apparent . Very good player who finished up nicely at Oregon. Willams and Earlington were proven BE capable players and I disagree politely that they weren’t . Williams had injury issues here but , when healthy was a better shooter than anyone on this team , Storr excluded . The Duke had many clutch performance for us and also could shoot the rock . Had they stayed they would have made last year and this years team much better . Roberts , I agree found his level and got a chance to play at Manhattan . I think he would have been good backup to Soriano but , CMA wouldn’t have given him decent playing time . And , as many have said , all 3 were good kids . Mullins kids . Figgy too .

Yes, Williams , Earlington and Roberts who were Mullin recruits , along with Figgy all left the CMA team after 1 or 2 years . Figgy never liked playing for Anderson and it was apparent . Very good player who finished up nicely at Oregon. Willams and Earlington were proven BE capable players and I disagree politely that they weren’t . Williams had injury issues here but , when healthy was a better shooter than anyone on this team , Storr excluded . The Duke had many clutch performance for us and also could shoot the rock . Had they stayed they would have made last year and this years team much better . Roberts , I agree found his level and got a chance to play at Manhattan . I think he would have been good backup to Soriano but , CMA wouldn’t have given him decent playing time . And , as many have said , all 3 were good kids . Mullins kids . Figgy too .
Agree wholeheartedly that all three were very good young men, however they were Matt's recruits, not Mullin's.

Agree wholeheartedly that all three were very good young men, however they were Matt's recruits, not Mullin's.
Not to pick nits with you at all but ,
Mullin was the HC at the time and Matt a Asst Coach working under Chris . Mullin would have had ultimate authority . And , typically , when Recruiting is mentioned at this level it usually refers to the HC . All big time schools have the Recruiting Assistant . They do the grunt work for sure . Important job for sure . Is Matt still at Nebraska ?

Back