Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

Not to pick nits with you at all but ,
Mullin was the HC at the time and Matt a Asst Coach working under Chris . Mullin would have had ultimate authority . And , typically , when Recruiting is mentioned at this level it usually refers to the HC . All big time schools have the Recruiting Assistant . They do the grunt work for sure . Important job for sure . Is Matt still at Nebraska ?
My good friend,who knows Matt quite well, was close to Earlington family and he Chris and Matt late in high school season went to see Marcellus in a playoff game. To CM’s credit, he felt ME was worth a scholarship and could be a good BE role player.

Yes, Williams , Earlington and Roberts who were Mullin recruits , along with Figgy all left the CMA team after 1 or 2 years . Figgy never liked playing for Anderson and it was apparent . Very good player who finished up nicely at Oregon. Willams and Earlington were proven BE capable players and I disagree politely that they weren’t . Williams had injury issues here but , when healthy was a better shooter than anyone on this team , Storr excluded . The Duke had many clutch performance for us and also could shoot the rock . Had they stayed they would have made last year and this years team much better . Roberts , I agree found his level and got a chance to play at Manhattan . I think he would have been good backup to Soriano but , CMA wouldn’t have given him decent playing time . And , as many have said , all 3 were good kids . Mullins kids . Figgy too .

Not specific to these kids but the problem is no kids want to spend 2-3 years getting trained up to contribute at a level that they might not be ready for as frosh and with the portal they now have other options. Do you think David Cain would have stuck around for his senior season today? Just one example of the type of kid that no longer exists in today's game.

Nice double double for Josh against Iona.
14 points, 18 rebounds in loss to Rick Pitino.

Doyle went to St. Dom’s or am I imagining that? I feel like I played against a team of his, summer league.

Sounds even better when you consider that he's relocating from the booming metropolis of Edinburg, Texas. 😁
Well, that is unless he's playing in Rotorua. Town smells of sulfur. Actually I had a friend from Palmerston North back in the day. I'm sure it's a lovely little burgh.

Greg Williams' Ragin Cajuns are on ESPN2 tonight at 7 pm playing South Alabama in the Sun Belt Final and the right to be dancing! Hope they win and Greg gets to fulfill his dream.

Hofstra on CBSSN at 6 pm versus UNC Wilmington in CAA semifinal.

Back