Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

The three amigos who came to St. John's as freshman together all found the rights spots to finish their college careers on the upswing. Good for them!
Having seen Marcellus in high school games on TV his senior year, I was skeptical he could be anything but end of bench guy at SJ. I underestimated his competitive nature and confidence to make plays at right time. Sometimes stats are misleading and often a guy with modest stats can make a play a crunch time to help a team win. Marcellus whether grabbing a key rebound, hitting a jumper or stealing the ball in pressure spots to me was one of those guys.

Greg was unfortunately hurt so much it dashed my hopes for him being All BE type by his senior year, but overall he was a valuable player.

Without beating a dead horse, this year we saw a highly rated player disappoint and never struck me as a team first kid. To me Greg and Marcellus were polar opposites responding to coaching, always playing hard and were solid teammates. That stuff counts more than the “glitz” most of the time imo.

Greg really having an excellent senior season there shooting 40% from 3 at 57% from 2 while always drawing the assignment of guarding the other team's best perimeter player.

Also on that team is former SJU target Jordan Brown who was the 5 star big from California that GSJ was pursuing. Hope they win tonight and get in, would be a dangerous 13/14 seed.

Taking Josh’s last two seasons at Manhattan out of the equation, his 2 years prior under CMA would still be a plus over Nywie.
Nywie had some impressive moments last year, especially at the end of the season. Wasn’t nearly as good this year.

Does anyone know why Greg Williams started this game and came right and hadn’t played since? Did he get hurt?

Taking Josh’s last two seasons at Manhattan out of the equation, his 2 years prior under CMA would still be a plus over Nywie.
Not the point. The point I was making was that Josh would have not gotten the playing time here that he got the last 2 years at Manhatten

Not the point. The point I was making was that Josh would have not gotten the playing time here that he got the last 2 years at Manhatten
My point is his production here would have been a plus over Nywie. Future seasons/minutes at Manhattan has no bearing.

Back