Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

"The three-time PBA Best Import awardee will also train and enlist as a Philippine Army Reserve Officer."

In for a penny, in for a pound.

I was also there with my friend and his Dad, nowhere near courtside, in 7th grade at the time.
Was also there with my father and stormed the court after the final buzzer. 23 at the time and it was a great way to send the Big Indian off on a positive note into retirement which the school forced upon him because of their mandatory 65 age requirement. Should have waived it. It forever changed the trajectory of SJU basketball history.

I was in the second row under the basket but even if visible would probably not recognize my 21 yo self.
thanks Fuchsia for posting this clip, it was so much fun to watch. I was 12 in 1965, long from becoming a St. John's fan, but formulating the idea.

Honestly watching that team, and the clip from that game, I wonder how we can't run some of those great plays to get guys open for easy layups and open shots.

thanks Fuchsia for posting this clip, it was so much fun to watch. I was 12 in 1965, long from becoming a St. John's fan, but formulating the idea.

Honestly watching that team, and the clip from that game, I wonder how we can't run some of those great plays to get guys open for easy layups and open shots.
Seems like we're the same age BR.

This was the first St Johns game I ever attended in person. The upper deck was full of St Johns fans who started the "We Are... St Johns" chant towards the end of the game. It was a pretty awesome experience. Also remember DJ Kennedy being awesome in that one. He was everywhere. Such a shame he got hurt before the NCAAT.

I walked out of there thinking every St Johns game was gonna be like that for the rest of my life! :sick:

got my BA from SJU on SI in 1975 (meeting my future bride there along the way), and she went to Queens campus for grad school and me law School graduating in '78 re-connecting and getting married in Dec. 1978.
I'm a year older than you then BR; graduated from Queens College in '74.

Back