Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

Hope he's able to adapt to his overseas hellhole.

861ca652-12ec-44f8-b2ec-cea3ccb8e831.jpg

I was on Youtube looking for some vintage SJU videos and by searching Joe Lapchick, and scroling through the material, I found a short highlight of the 1965 NIT Championship. SJU edged Villanova by two. As game ended, players surrounded their coach, and would carry him off the court. Marty Glickman narrated and nice to see the McIntyres, Sonny Dove, Ken Wirell, Jerry Houston and Albie Swartz. Glickman called SJU and Villanove, "two superb teams." They might have both been top ten at years end.

Posters saying "don't let the door hit you on the way out". Nah, we couldn't have used GWill(and Earlington) right about now. Another talented kid who got away.
I don't think there were a lot of posters who felt that way about GWill and to a lesser degree Earlngton. I remember the Board being really disappointed the GWill left.

Yes we could have used both last year and this year.

I was on Youtube looking for some vintage SJU videos and by searching Joe Lapchick, and scroling through the material, I found a short highlight of the 1965 NIT Championship. SJU edged Villanova by two. As game ended, players surrounded their coach, and would carry him off the court. Marty Glickman narrated and nice to see the McIntyres, Sonny Dove, Ken Wirell, Jerry Houston and Albie Swartz. Glickman called SJU and Villanove, "two superb teams." They might have both been top ten at years end.
Lapchick's final game as coach due to his turning 65 which was St. John's rules in place at the time which deemed 65 to be the mandatory retirement age.

Link?

Back