Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

If Jayson Williams didn't get hurt at the end of the regular season, that 89-90 team could have made some real noise in the Dance - Boo, Williams, Sealy, Werdann, Buchanan (playing his best position, off-guard). A very good team.
I agree. Actually, an unfortunate season for Jayson Williams as he was hurt throughout most of that season if I recall. I think he was injured earlier in the season and then he was injured again--for good--against Georgetown at MSG during the latter part of the season.

Imagine Gary Payton on that team AND a healthy Jayson Williams.

I agree. Actually, an unfortunate season for Jayson Williams as he was hurt throughout most of that season if I recall. I think he was injured earlier in the season and then he was injured again--for good--against Georgetown at MSG during the latter part of the season.

Imagine Gary Payton on that team AND a healthy Jayson Williams.

I'd rank the Gary Payton - Malik Sealy combo 3rd in my all-time what coulda been duos behind

2. Hakeem Olajuwon - Chris Mullin

-and-

1. Lew Alcindor - Sonny Dove.

I'd rank the Gary Payton - Malik Sealy combo 3rd in my all-time what coulda been duos behind

2. Hakeen Olajuwon - Chris Mullin

-and-

Omar cook and Darius Miles round out the top 5?

2. Hakeem Olajuwon - Chris Mullin

-and-

Gary Payton was considered by several to be the best player in college basketball in '89-'90.

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away, there was a Duke team that had Jeff Mullin and Art Heymann, and Jeff Buckley, and almost had Barry Kramer as a junior and Bill Bradley as a sophomore.

Back