Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

Isiah Moore avg 23.7 min, 13.3 pts and 6.7 rebounds for Fresno State this year. Most interesting stat. He hasn't attempted a 3 pointer this year. When he was at St. John's he seemed to fancy himself as a stretch four and had a tendency to hang around on the perimeter hoisting threes at inopportune times. He is shooting 58.3% from the field this year and seems to have finally accepted the fact that his game in not perimeter oriented.

Marcellus Earlington is averaging 27.8 minutes, 13 points and 7 rebounds for San Diego. He is shooting 34.1% from the field and .33% from downtown. His shooting percentages are the lowest in his career but the season is young and I expect him to improve both of those numbers.

John McGriff is averaging 12.0 pts, 1.7 REB, 1.3 asst on 52.0 FG% and 40% from three in 21.3 minutes off the bench for Binghamton. He is an undersized guard but I always liked him. I wonder how he would fit in the rotation with the current Johnnies, if he stayed.

Greg Williams, Jr is averaging 26.3 minutes for the Ragin Cajuns. His stat line is 11.3 pts, 3.5 REB, 2.3 asst per game. He is shooting 40.1% from the field and .25% from deep. The low pct from three is surprising because he is a good shooter. Another kid whose game I liked when he was a Johnnie.

Isiah Moore avg 23.7 min, 13.3 pts and 6.7 rebounds for Fresno State this year. Most interesting stat. He hasn't attempted a 3 pointer this year. When he was at St. John's he seemed to fancy himself as a stretch four and had a tendency to hang around on the perimeter hoisting threes at inopportune times. He is shooting 58.3% from the field this year and seems to have finally accepted the fact that his game in not perimeter oriented.
I think in his second year here he would have averaged 2 more rpg and a nice chunk more ppg, and been playing pro somewhere in the world already. Instead, he's living in Fresno.

I think in his second year here he would have averaged 2 more rpg and a nice chunk more ppg, and been playing pro somewhere in the world already. Instead, he's living in Fresno.
He seemed like he was more concerned about his pro potential than fitting in with the team when he was a Johnnie. Just my take from reading his Twitter and Instagram posts.

Back