Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

One of the best on-ball defenders we've had in many years!
Yeah he was the complete package on that side. Not just on the ball where he could shut down guards or wings (ask markus Howard) but a great help defender too. Could jump passing lanes or block shots at the rim and was a really good rebounder.

Justin definitely one of my all time favorite Johnnies. Shortcomings on the offensive end for sure but always 100% effort. Imagine watching Simon, Curbelo & Posh together both defensively and in the open court on offense.

If you have to go overseas, Australia is a great landing spot.
No language barrier (barely). Stable politically and economically. Burgeoning bball scene.
And you could do a lot worse than living in Sydney.

Attachments

• sydney.jpg
    sydney.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 7
To me Simon and Posh a firm yes NCJ while Curbelo remains to be seen.
I think Curbelo has a really quick initial harassing jab. Or at least he did his freshman year. Could work very well with Posh sneaking it to snag it from the disrupted defender.

Then again, it could lead to wide-open shots for the other team. . .

Marcus Lovett with 22 for his Portugal team -

Personally, I always liked Marcus better than Shamorie. Because Shamorie was a local kid, he was given more freedom than Marcus and got all the hype. I was able to watch them both in practice and Marcus was just different. His ball handling ability was off the charts, he was fast with the ball and athletic. Just my opinion.

76er - Net game is on NBATV tonight at 7:30 as is Knick pre-season opener Tuesday evening.

Yeah he was the complete package on that side. Not just on the ball where he could shut down guards or wings (ask markus Howard) but a great help defender too. Could jump passing lanes or block shots at the rim and was a really good rebounder.
Yes, many forget Justin was a FIVE STAR recruit out of high school labeled a shooting guard with a suspect shot. His other qualities had to be outstanding to be labeled a 5 star kid even with shooting issues.

Last edited:
Back