It begins...

Eric post=437224 said:
Knight post=437194 said:
Eric post=437180 said:
Knight post=437145 said:
I had Covid in April 2020 and was hospitalized for 10 days followed by 7 days in rehab.  I got the vaccines at Belmont as soon as they were available.  

As for me, there has been too many opinions put forth as science.  Since the vaccines were largely driven by the government, maybe adverse effects should fall on the government, with limitations.  Employers, I believe, have the right to require their workers to be vaccinated.  Those who opt out, well the consequences are on them.

what rehab did you go to?

The Grand at South Point in Island Park.

Ah.  My old stomping grounds island park.  How is that place for rehab?  Its a subacute rehab right?   Hope you had a full recovery

Eric, When I was there the place was full, the service was good. I did not like the food and complained. Cook made me hot sandwich as a replacement. Rehab was very good. It is subacute. Recovery 100%.
Thanks.

Knight post=437265 said:
Eric post=437224 said:
Knight post=437194 said:
Eric post=437180 said:
Knight post=437145 said:
I had Covid in April 2020 and was hospitalized for 10 days followed by 7 days in rehab.  I got the vaccines at Belmont as soon as they were available.  

As for me, there has been too many opinions put forth as science.  Since the vaccines were largely driven by the government, maybe adverse effects should fall on the government, with limitations.  Employers, I believe, have the right to require their workers to be vaccinated.  Those who opt out, well the consequences are on them.

what rehab did you go to?

The Grand at South Point in Island Park.

Ah.  My old stomping grounds island park.  How is that place for rehab?  Its a subacute rehab right?   Hope you had a full recovery

Eric, When I was there the place was full, the service was good. I did not like the food and complained. Cook made me hot sandwich as a replacement. Rehab was very good. It is subacute. Recovery 100%.
Thanks.
The designation of sub acute vs. rehabilitation institute generally is dictated by the medical services available over and above rehab.   Our healthcare system is under tremendous duress by costs, and the tier of levels of career typically slide downward from acute care services (not all facilities are alike in terms or what they offer) to nursing homes (which offer a minimal amount of clinical services and are little more than homes for the aged).   Rehab facilities often specialize in the type of rehab. For example there are only a few facilities in the united states that specialize in spinal cord injuries.   Shepherd Center in Atlanta is one of those and only about 25 years old.   The Shepherd family had a son who had a serious spinal cord injury skiing in Colorado.  When they tried to move him closer to home, they discovered there was not a single rehab facility specializing in spinal cord injuries in the entire Southeast.   When I mentioned the now late Steven McDonald in my sales presentation to them, (who was incidentally a great SJU fan who came to many games and lived in Malverne) they said they knew him and he had visited the hospital.  Sure enough, in the main corridor there were photos on him on his visit.

On the subject of rehabilitation facilities, it may be helpful to some of you to know that rehab facilities associated with large health enterprises could be drastically different than the reputations of the acute care hospitals associated with them.  Orzen is associated with the old Franklin General (which had a horrible reputation) yet is pretty much the best facility in the area.   Franklin General is now affiliated and is an excellent surgical hospital top to bottom.   Cohen Rehab which is part of Northwell, in my family's and others experience, is a pretty awful facility.

Back