It begins...

It reminds me of when Bill Walton showed up one fall at UCLA with long hair and a beard.   He explained to John Wooden that he was exercising his individualism which took priority to him over team rules against both.

Wooden told Walton that he really respected his decision. And that the team was going to miss him.

Walton got a haircut and shaved the next day.

Those who refuse to get vaccinated by exercising their freedoms can do so, but suffer the consequences of job loss.

Last edited:
Beast of the East post=436967 said:
It reminds me of when Bill Walton showed up one fall at UCLA with long hair and a beard.   He explained to John Wooden that he was exercising his individualism which took priority to him over team rules against both.

Wooden told Walton that he really respected his decision. And that the team was going to miss him.

Walton got a haircut and shaved the next day.

Those who refuse to get vaccinated by exercising their freedoms can do so, but suffer the consequences of job loss.
And life loss isn't much fun either.

JohnnyFan post=437038 said:
Spocky Ramone post=437035 said:

The article shares that 98% of Illinois Covid deaths are of unvaccinated individuals.  If everyone got vaccinated, Covid would be less of a threat than the flu.   We could be putting this issue behind us, but......
You know what's crazy ? I have a friend on facebook and her and her husband literally every day posting anti vaxing nonsense and yet they claim they aren't getting the vax because they had covid last year but why the F post all the anti vexing nonsense. I dont even believe they had covid

Last edited:
mjmaherjr post=437040 said:
JohnnyFan post=437038 said:
Spocky Ramone post=437035 said:

The article shares that 98% of Illinois Covid deaths are of unvaccinated individuals.  If everyone got vaccinated, Covid would be less of a threat than the flu.   We could be putting this issue behind us, but......
You know what's crazy ? I have a friend on facebook and her and her husband literally every day posting anti vaxing nonsense and yet they claim they aren't getting the vax because they had covid last year but why the F post all the anti vexing nonsense. I dont even believe they had covid

Yeah....I see the same nonsense on my Facebook feed.  Some of the conspiracy theories are really out there.  One women I went to high school with claims Covid is a cover for a plan that will allow Bill Gates to implant trackable microchips.  I had previously thought she was normal and in high school hot.   -Oh well.

Last edited:
JohnnyFan post=437041
mjmaherjr post=437040
JohnnyFan post=437038
Spocky Ramone post=437035[URL]https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...-breakthrough-covid-cases/2560611/?utm_source[/URL]=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&amp&__twitter_impression=true

Yeah....I see the same nonsense on my Facebook feed.  Some of the conspiracy theories are really out there.  One women I went to high school with claims Covid is a cover for a plan that will allow Bill Gates to implant trackable microchips.  I had previously thought she was normal and in high school hot.   -Oh well.

Meanwhile Facebook knows her every movement, desire and fear AND is willing to sell that information to anyone with a dollar, ruble or bitcoin.

I often wonder what would happen to FB if people who know better, finally just pulled the plug and deplatformed?  I get it's convenient and gives people a way to connect with folks without actually spending any time with them, but is that worth all the other stuff?

Kinda like smoking cigarettes...you know they are bad for you, that non smokers find them utterly repulsive and disgusting, and that they will eventually lead to your early and horrible demise... yet you can't quit the high and fear the weight gain from going cold turkey.  /media/kunena/emoticons/grin.png

I think the rational among us have to reconcile that anti-vaxx has a more significant place in our country's culture than we may have ever realized. 

It's extraordinarily disheartening as an American, especially one whose parents grew up at a time when Jonas Salk was hailed as the hero of his generation. 

Last edited:
I think it’s always been there, but Twitter and social media give it more attention. 

also I think there is a large segment of the population not vaccinated re: COVID who are otherwise pro-vaccine. They have all other vaccinations and their kids are vaccinated. But because of their risk class, the recency of COVID, data supporting their individual lack of serious risk from COVID, etc, they are not so inclined to get the vaccine unless they have to. 

I had Covid early April 2020, and still have the antibodies. I am not getting jabbed. And my case is far from unique. As the science evolves, so does the initial theory that antibodies only last about 60 days. 

My 16 year old son also has the antibodies and he was totally asymptotic. May have caught it from me. 

One of my doctors agrees because the natural antibodies are better than a vaccine.

And I will wait for the NIAID, FDA, and CDC to be fully backed first (Fauci, Marks and Walensky all said under oath their numbers are around 60 percent).

I do not care who gets the shot,  but mandating a shot that is still a “trial” is dangerous, especially when (again) many already have the antibodies. The VAERS database has deaths relating to the the Covid vax at 6,000 and it’s various side affects. Not to mention, I have had a very personal experience of the bad side affects of vaccines.

And both of my kids were fully vaccinated growing up. So I am not coming into this with an anti vaccine angle.

Good day. 

I think that we need a more honest discussion of the risks involved with vaccination, and not total dismissal of those risks.   Even if risks are low, there have been some horrible reactions to the vaccine.    I'm of the opinion that this is a risk reward evaluation, but when presented as no risk causes those who are fearful to distrust the information.   

Overwhelmingly I decided to get the vaccine, and thanks to Eric, got it sooner than later.  But, I would be lying if I said I was slightly apprehensive in the moments after the vaccine, hoping there wouldn't be an adverse reaction, or some other untoward effect of introducing a foreign substance into my body.

This is a matter of social good, and those who decide not to vaccinate should lose some liberties of public gatherings. Whether social or work related gathering unvaccinated people are a risk largely to other unvaccinated people and should be banned from both.

COVID vaccines save lives and have minimal side effects - end of story. 

We have 162 million people full vaccinated over an 8 month period in this country alone. If that's not enough of a sample size to show efficacy and safety, I don't know what is. 

Last edited:
kranmars post=437057 said:
I had Covid early April 2020, and still have the antibodies. I am not getting jabbed. And my case is far from unique. As the science evolves, so does the initial theory that antibodies only last about 60 days. 

My 16 year old son also has the antibodies and he was totally asymptotic. May have caught it from me. 

One of my doctors agrees because the natural antibodies are better than a vaccine.

And I will wait for the NIAID, FDA, and CDC to be fully backed first (Fauci, Marks and Walensky all said under oath their numbers are around 60 percent).

I do not care who gets the shot,  but mandating a shot that is still a “trial” is dangerous, especially when (again) many already have the antibodies. The VAERS database has deaths relating to the the Covid vax at 6,000 and it’s various side affects. Not to mention, I have had a very personal experience of the bad side affects of vaccines.

And both of my kids were fully vaccinated growing up. So I am not coming into this with an anti vaccine angle.

Good day. 

Kranmars.....respect your decision, but I do want comment on some of your information.

Natural Antibodies vs. Vaccine Produced Antibodies
It is not accurate that natural antibodies are more effective than the vaccine produced antibodies.  The natural antibodies may have an advantage if you were to come into contact with the exact same strain you had the first time around (unlikely), but the vaccine offers protection over a more broad range of variants.  Here is a [URL]https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/[/URL]]link[/url] to my information.

Efficacy
The mRNA vaccines proved to be over 90% effective against the initial strain.  So far, against the Delta strain (currently most common) Pfizer has shown to be 88% effect.  Astrazeneca, which is not available in the U.S., is just 60% effective against the new strain.  Can you direct me to information on when Dr. Fauci testified to the vaccines being just 60% effective.  Here is a [URL]https://www.livescience.com/delta-variant-delta-plus-variant-covid.html[/URL]]link[/url] to my information.

Safety
Lastly, the safety record of the Coronavirus vaccines are actually remarkable.  I confirmed you VAERS statistic, but just want to add to the context (see below and a [URL]https://covid-101.org/science/how-many-people-have-died-from-the-vaccine-in-the-u-s/[/URL]]link[/url] to my source)

Between December 2020 and July 19th, 2021, [URL]https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html[/URL]]VAERS received 6,207 reports[/url] of death (0.0018% of doses) among people who got a vaccine, but this does not mean the vaccine caused these deaths. Doctors and safety monitors carefully review the details of each case to see if it might be linked to the vaccine. There are [URL]https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2779731[/URL]]three deaths[/url] that appear to be linked to blood clots that occurred after people got the J&J vaccine. Since we now know how to correctly treat people who develop these blood clots, future deaths related to this very rare side effect can be prevented.

Last edited:
People should have the right to take or not take the vaccine.  I am old fat and have Diabetes I took it as soon as I could.  I wont take a flu shot even though everyone tell me every year i should.  I got sick from every flu shot i ever took.  Let people talk to their doctors and make up their own minds and don't judge them because you are holier than thou.  As in everything do your own research don't blindly listen to everything either side says and after doing that research do what is best for your situation.

This is an older article back to February but in Peru people got reinfected with the Brazilian variant especially Iquitos which is in the Amazon closer to Brazil https://andina.pe/Ingles/noticia-what-is-known-so-far-about-covid19-reinfection-cases-in-peru-833533.aspx

Guys, thank you for keeping this civil and mostly informative. Pease keep it that way.

Back