ISLANDERS

So…
Dobson, Engvall and Barzal all ready to go game 1 according to Roy. Pageau, day-to-day, possibly until game 3 with a LBI and Varlamov getting the nod.

JGP can’t catch a break. Guy is playing his best hockey all season probably and he’s likely to be banged up when he plays again. Dobson “fully back” though is great to see.

I’m not expecting to beat these guys, they’re solid top-to-bottom, but I do think we can give them a 6 or 7 gamer and possibly pull the upset. Biggest key…stay out of the box. If we can keep the penalties down, we have a chance. We need a PP goal a game too. Their defense is good, but not nearly as good as their offense.

So…
Dobson, Engvall and Barzal all ready to go game 1 according to Roy. Pageau, day-to-day, possibly until game 3 with a LBI and Varlamov getting the nod.

JGP can’t catch a break. Guy is playing his best hockey all season probably and he’s likely to be banged up when he plays again. Dobson “fully back” though is great to see.

I’m not expecting to beat these guys, they’re solid top-to-bottom, but I do think we can give them a 6 or 7 gamer and possibly pull the upset. Biggest key…stay out of the box. If we can keep the penalties down, we have a chance. We need a PP goal a game too. Their defense is good, but not nearly as good as their offense.
A couple of things from me:

1. The Isles are playing their best hockey at this time.

2.Barzal is healthy entering the playoffs as opposed to last year.

3. The team has an enormously better coach this playoff series.

A couple of things from me:

1. The Isles are playing their best hockey at this time.

2.Barzal is healthy entering the playoffs as opposed to last year.

3. The team has an enormously better coach this playoff series.
You can add 4. Varlamov has been dialed in lately. Seeing the puck well and his rebound control has been outstanding.

Carolina has a ton of firepower though and I really hope our blue line is ready for it.

Hell yes I want the Rangers. And yes the Isles must win game two.

Game one was so freaking frustrating because the Isles outplayed Carolina for much of the game. And of course Carolina’s shitty goalie, Anderson made the save of his life against Dobson.
It happens my friend.

Hell yes I want the Rangers. And yes the Isles must win game two.

Game one was so freaking frustrating because the Isles outplayed Carolina for much of the game. And of course Carolina’s shitty goalie, Anderson made the save of his life against Dobson.
Yep. We played better. Winnable game, horrendous dives. That’s the part that sucks

Don’t think Isles can play third period with a Katy bar the door philosophy. After their 3rd goal the entire rest of the second period was played in their zone. Lucky to escape with 3-1 lead.

Last edited:
It felt like the Canes were on the PP for most of the 2nd period. Have to hang on and get this back to UBS tied one game a piece.

Had game on computer up 3-2 Knicks on TV followed their wild finish look back at computer and down 4-3 WTF happened?

So does a solar eclipse. Which happens about as often as Anderson stealing games for Carolina.
You do realize that since coming back from a blood clotting issue Andersen has the highest sace percentage in the NHL, and the most wins by a goalie in his first 500 games in NHL history?

Last edited:
You do realize that since coming back from a blood clotting issue Andersen has the highest sace percentage in the NHL?
Sure, but if you are to ask anyone what is Carolina’s weak link, the answer is Anderson. His save percentage is also a byproduct of playing behind one of the best defensemen collectively in the NHL. Toronto fans were not too upset Anderson left.

I've been to 40 Canes games this year, including last night, and nobody feels that way. The weak link was not having him most of the season and playing Raanta with his .872 save percentage a lot

Back