ISLANDERS

Great checking game by the Islanders. Tampa played with little emotion and their home crowd was even worse, nothing like the ole barn in Uniondale. Their fans couldn't even muster up a chant of Let's go Lightening to try and get them going.

I was there as a kid when they beat the Oilers in Game 4, and I thought it would last forever. It's been a long 38 years, but I'm feeling pretty good about this team.

The score doesn't represent how dominating The Islanders were yesterday.   Varly was superb, the D was smothering and The O delivered again.  The 2 way game of Clutter, Martin, Cizakis, Palmieri, Beau...is insane.  most of those guys would check their grandmothers if they had to...love what they bring to the ice.

and yes...that Tampa crowd was non-existent

Frank61 post=435004 said:
It’s a long series….Don’t underestimate the BOLTS!
Don't think anyone is, they are very talented and are the defending Cup champions. That said, LET'S GO ISLANDERS!

As expected, The Lightning came to play last night. 1 horrible call against each team by the refs.  Martin and Moron Maroon will go again, for sure.  Trotz might have to think of swapping in Big Ross and/or Wahlstrom for Uncle Leo/Zajac.  Big Ross for his size (Tampa is big), Wahlstrom for his offense (even though Zajac has played very well).  I had to hold my breath when Varly went out but Sorokin played very well in his brief stint.  Lastly, that Bolt BS at the end of the game will bring the wrath of the Barn upon them.  I'll be there doing my part.  GO ISLANDERS!!!!

When Varly grabbed his head the thought ran through my head that he may be embellishing to draw or make sure a penalty was called. Downside if indeed he was embellishing is that it results in being mandatorily being pulled from the game to undergo concussion protocol.

Game tonight in TB.  Go Islanders!

Mike Vaccaro—
Just saw the Ryan Pulock play in slow motion for the 30th time, and I have to say I’m not sure what the equivalent of it would be in any other sport. Maybe Jeter’s flip?

Didn't even show up...Varly/Sorokin just be pissed at their teammates for lack of support.  Not sure if they can rebound from a drubbing like that plus I hope Barzal doesn't get suspended.  By the way, very weak "major" call on Barzal.  I hope the NHL sees it that way.

Thought Tampa Bay rubbed it in with that 2 point conversion. I can't stand that damn Tom Brady.

Islander goal! Islander goal! Islander goal! (John Sterling"s old call). Can't believe how players today both skate with the puck and pass the puck in front of their own net. Years ago it was the biggest no no in hockey. Overtime goal was a direct result of a giveaway on an attempted pass in front of Tampa's net.

Absolutely insane OT win...so glad to be there!!!

onto to Tampa on Friday...LGI!!!

Last edited:
Back