ISLANDERS

Our 114 buddies OLV72 and Ralph flaunting no masks tonight :) [attachment=2299]98FA73D7-17BF-4D84-8D27-67C7A3EEF606.jpeg[/attachment]

Last edited:
I was there last night, arena is beautiful but it was the single worse experience of traveling to/from a sporting event (and I have NY Giants season tickets) in my life.  I live 5 miles from the UBS Arena, I left my house at 5:30 and finally got to my seats at 7:07.  I know it was opening night but The Islanders and Nassau County have ALOT of logistical issues to work out.  They oversold season parking passes for the South lot and then were telling everyone to go to the Emerald lot.  Shuttle buses after the game back to the Emerald lot was a nightmare and at one point I thought a riot was going to break out.  Word of advice for those going in the near future, over-budget on travel time then double that number.  A very frustrating experience coupled with a loss with a depleted lineup.

I thought they played better today than they did on Tuesday vs Rags. The power play is bad with Dobson… without him it’s atrocious.
But very happy with the point today. Go Tampa & Canes tonight!!!

Since Christmas the Canes have lost 6 games in regulation and 3 in overtime/shootout. That's it.
No question they have been good, and admittedly the matchup is bad. But maybe Carolina is due for a slump. Just roll it out there and see what happens.

No question they have been good, and admittedly the matchup is bad. But maybe Carolina is due for a slump. Just roll it out there and see what happens.
Just Making playoffs is great and of course want to win but it's just gravy for the season they had. Of course a hot goalie can carry you a long way though not as much as the old days it seems.

Just Making playoffs is great and of course want to win but it's just gravy for the season they had. Of course a hot goalie can carry you a long way though not as much as the old days it seems.
That’s because there has been few lock down goalies. Look around the NHL, and many of the top teams weakest position is goalie. The Isles have two very good ones.

Who knows, maybe the Isles can be Carolina’s “Swanee River.” 😁

We’re due to beat these guys in a series at some point right?

In all honesty, I really enjoyed these past two weeks. Thought we were dead and buried but thanks to Philly choking and us stepping up, Varly in particular, here we are. I don’t expect us to win, Carolina is a serious Cup contender to me, but who knows? Feels like house money to me, we have certain players on a heater right now and if Barzal and Horvat can get hot again, we have a chance. Obviously, I’d like to see #8 back on the ice too.

Last edited:
Back