Georgetown (MSG), Sat., Mar. 9, 12 Noon, FOX

Ideal scenario is Nova wipes out Hall's bubble tn and then loses to Creighton.

UConn takes care of Prov late Saturday night and we're positioned in the 4/5 against a destroyed Hall Thursday afternoon.

Win that game Thursday and we're firmly a 10 seed with house money chasing the BET title against UConn Friday night.

That being said I don't want to have to sweat out rooting for both Nova and Prov losses on Saturday. I'd take a minor quick NET hit tn if it meant our chances of playing in the 4/5 just rested on UConn beating Prov.

Worst case is Nova gets swept this week and Prov beats UConn. Nova's NET and NCAA chances plummet and we're in the 6 seed which would leave us exhuasted on a quick turnaround in Dayton the following TU/WE.

Agree but I can’t see a PC upset over UConn Saturday night! UConn wants that #1 seed and the place will be rocking at Providence. Should be a good game to watch
I agree 100% that a Providence upset is not very likely against UConn (in fact anybody knocking off UConn is not all that likely). However, with that said, Providence is a very tough team at home and has already beaten the other top two Big East teams (Creighton and Marquette) at home this season. Add in the fact that they will be desperate for a win and there is a small chance of them winning at the very least.

I agree 100% that a Providence upset is not very likely against UConn (in fact anybody knocking off UConn is not all that likely). However, with that said, Providence is a very tough team at home and has already beaten the other top two Big East teams (Creighton and Marquette) at home this season. Add in the fact that they will be desperate for a win and there is a small chance of them winning at the very least.
I like Oduro very much and Carter too. Hard to imagine how good they'd have been with Hopkins. I wouldn't be quick to write them off at home. This is little more than a tuneup for UCONN.

Agree entirely. I'm flying in from LAX just for the game . . . and business meetings . . . and family stuff. ;)

PS any post game programs I should be aware of. I'll be with my alcoholic ex-co-season ticket holder and looking for trouble. LOL
Either Stout (33rd St., West of 7th Ave.) or Tir Na Nog (31st St., West of 8th just across from MSG). Waiting for mjmahejr to chime in.

Either Stout (33rd St., West of 7th Ave.) or Tir Na Nog (31st St., West of 8th just across from MSG). Waiting for mjmahejr to chime in.
I'm thinking Tir Na Nog postgame. Stout 1870 club event is Pre Game at stout so post game Tir being being next door to MSG will be easier and roomier

Ideal scenario is Nova wipes out Hall's bubble tn and then loses to Creighton.

UConn takes care of Prov late Saturday night and we're positioned in the 4/5 against a destroyed Hall Thursday afternoon.

Win that game Thursday and we're firmly a 10 seed with house money chasing the BET title against UConn Friday night.

That being said I don't want to have to sweat out rooting for both Nova and Prov losses on Saturday. I'd take a minor quick NET hit tn if it meant our chances of playing in the 4/5 just rested on UConn beating Prov.

Worst case is Nova gets swept this week and Prov beats UConn. Nova's NET and NCAA chances plummet and we're in the 6 seed which would leave us exhuasted on a quick turnaround in Dayton the following TU/WE.
If seton hall loses to nova a win against us in the big East puts them right back on the bubble so I don’t think they’d be defeated playing us

I like Oduro very much and Carter too. Hard to imagine how good they'd have been with Hopkins. I wouldn't be quick to write them off at home. This is little more than a tuneup for UCONN.
I'm not a big Oduro fan, but Carter is something else. I wouldn't mind at all if we stole him from Providence. The kid is made for Pitino. He's so good in the open court and somehow he's averaging 8 rebounds a game at 6'3.

I'm not a big Oduro fan, but Carter is something else. I wouldn't mind at all if we stole him from Providence. The kid is made for Pitino. He's so good in the open court and somehow he's averaging 8 rebounds a game at 6'3.
I agree, Oduro is always swinging his elbows to create space, he’s a dirty player.

Would like to see Soriano involved early and often. Supreme Cook was extremely chippy with us. Let’s go right at him and hopefully the garden crowd lets him have it.

Nah good coach doesn’t mean has to be good guy.
Just think it is funny how some think he did it for some altruistic reason.
Not altruistic. We are now making fun of it because the press could not get enough of the story. They loved hammering Pitino and even intimating he would leave for another job.

And the players did not seem bothered by it, and then turns its season around, and hardly a word is spoken.

Back